Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Meetings Thread

Post 'em here

Marlins have apparently offered Reyes 6/111. He's a fool if he doesn't take it

You going this year?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I wonder what happens with Hanley if Reyes signs with the Marlins. I think there's a decent chance he requests a trade, and it would seem like there would be plenty of teams interested in dealing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        You going this year?
        No

I had to coordinate Christmas visit with my mom/stepdad who moved away. Later this week was the only time in December when schedules agreed & my wife has to take call in the 1st part of the week since we'll be gone. Not happy

BTW, looks like Reyes is going for 6/111 by the morning

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          I wonder what happens with Hanley if Reyes signs with the Marlins. I think there's a decent chance he requests a trade, and it would seem like there would be plenty of teams interested in dealing for him.
          CF or 3rd

Contract is still too nice to move him off the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            CF or 3rd

Contract is still too nice to move him off the team.
            That's absolutely what I'd plan on if I were the Marlins. But what if he refuses to make the shift?

Comment

That's absolutely what I'd plan on if I were the Marlins. But what if he refuses to make the shift?
              suspend him w/o pay

Comment

RotoWorld had a blurb a few weeks ago that Hanley isn't pleased about moving off SS:

Originally posted by RotoWorld
                Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald was told by a source that Hanley Ramirez is "not at all pleased" at the prospect of changing positions if the Marlins sign Jose Reyes.
                In addition, while Ramirez is the godfather to Reyes' daughter, Spencer hears that "they aren't the friends many portray." Ramirez will probably need to change positions in a few years, regardless of whether the Marlins sign Reyes, but they risk making him very unhappy and perhaps demand a trade. Nov 15 - 12:05 AM
                Maybe they have talked to him about it and he's cooled off since this report. I could have to imagine that they would address and settle this before going ahead and signing Reyes.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  RotoWorld had a blurb a few weeks ago that Hanley isn't pleased about moving off SS:

Maybe they have talked to him about it and he's cooled off since this report. I could have to imagine that they would address and settle this before going ahead and signing Reyes.
                  I don't know...why would you give a player who's caused as many headaches as Hanley the power to dictate a move this big? My guess is that Ozzie is going to come in and let everyone know that HE'S the one in charge, and they'll play where he wants them to, or they won't play at all. Hanley is young enough to redeem his reputation, but if he acts like an ass here, he may become one of those guys that nobody will sign to a big deal for fear that he'll just phone it in for a few years.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I don't know...why would you give a player who's caused as many headaches as Hanley the power to dictate a move this big? My guess is that Ozzie is going to come in and let everyone know that HE'S the one in charge, and they'll play where he wants them to, or they won't play at all. Hanley is young enough to redeem his reputation, but if he acts like an ass here, he may become one of those guys that nobody will sign to a big deal for fear that he'll just phone it in for a few years.
                    I certainly can't argue with anything you've said. I am sure there has to have been some kind of conversation with him in hopes that he's on board with the move.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

That would definitely be my first move if I'm the Marlins' organization. It should be interesting to watch it play out -- especially with Ozzie in the thick of things.

Comment

Per Heyman, the Marlins and Reyes have agreed to a deal. Big move for both parties, in my opinion.

Comment

Seattle Times reporter Geoff Baker is reporting that the Blue Jays are making it widely known at the Winter Meetings that they are not in on Fielder. Looks like it's down to the Nationals, Angels, Rangers, Cubs, and Mariners on him (in my estimation).

Comment

Per Heyman, the Marlins and Reyes have agreed to a deal. Big move for both parties, in my opinion.
                            6yrs 106mil

They're spending $17.7mil for Reyes.

Pujols will cost them a ton - will they out-do the A-Rod deal to lure him away from St.Louis?

If so, Miami will have a 2nd "big 3"?

Comment

Have to agree here. Besides, Hanley doesn't possess the requisite intangibles to block a superior SS from taking his position away.

Comment

Working...
                              X