Bobby V Next Red Sox Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby V Next Red Sox Manager

Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston confirms that Bobby Valentine will be named the Red Sox next manager.
    The Red Sox are expected to make it official on Wednesday. Valentine was offered while he was away on personal business in Japan and immediately accepted. The 61-year-old has a 1117-1072 record (.510) over 15 years of managerial experience in the big leagues between the Rangers and Mets, but has been out of MLB since 2002. While he'll inherit a very talented club from Terry Francona, his job will be to help rebound from one of the worst collapses in baseball history.

Source: Gordon Edes on Twitter Nov 29 - 7:22 PM

As a Yankee fan I am gleeful at the news. Bobby Valentine is not the guy to repair a fractured clubhouse and there appears to be no native leadership amongst the players to handle it without the manager's boot on people's necks. I think that this is great news for New York & Tampa.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Tigers fans everywhere weep. We would have loved to get rid of Gene Lamont.
      Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
      Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

No matter what happens, it'll be entertaining.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Valentine loves him a media circus, and the Boston media will love them some Valentine.

As far as the team goes, I have no idea. It's the typical "the players didn't respond to a mellow guy, so we'll replace him with the opposite" move.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

My favorite Bobby V moment.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I have no opinion on this. Wish I did though.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                No matter what happens, it'll be entertaining.
                Yep, that was my thought.

Comment

It worries me a bit. I think Bobby knows his baseball. He may not sit well with all the players there now, but I think in the long run it will lead to the right ones staying and the wrong ones packing their bags.
                  Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Working...
                  X