No announcement yet.

2K12: Adam Dunn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would watch him closely in spring training, not exactly for stats but more what Seitzer describes.
    WHY is he optimistic?

"Just trying to let the game come to me this year" or "Last year I tried to do too much" doesn't wow me.

A specific injury explained and healed, or a significant change in batting stance/approach that is apparent to the eye and ideally, matches his past stance when successful, would help.

But if THAT gets too much publicity, I'd nominate him early and let someone else pay for the new hype.

Best case is a subtle change that doesn't get a lot of media attention. It happens...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Because I think his bat speed is gone. Pitchers were regularly challenging him over the heart of the plate with fastballs last year, and he wasn't driving them with authority in the least bit. Now it could be that he had an injury that will heal over the offseason or something happened to his eyesight that he could get corrected, in which case his performance might return. But I'm convinced there was something physically wrong with him last year, something more than just lingering weakness from an appendectomy.
      Check. Thanks.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X