David Freese next season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Freese next season.

In fantasy terms, I had expected him to be worth targetting. His production was limited, but you could define the reasons. How much do you think the post season hype will bump his price?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I like Freese, and I think he will improve, and with 3b being what it is, he is worth targeting, but I wouldn't count on getting him. His post-season heroics will surely bump him up past his roto/fantasy value next year in many leagues. He's a great clutch hitter who came up huge when it counted most, but I don't think he will be jumping into the upper-echelon of 3bman next year.

Comment

Had a $12 regular season, is age 28.
      I think we'll agree that he was a tempting target entering 2012 - until the playoffs.
      Every league will have a couple of owners who totally buy into the hot postseason, and will pay a premium.

I'd nominate him pretty early, and let the dollars flow out of someone else's pocket..
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He hit 10 HR in 333 AB last year. If he plays everyday and improves he could hit 20. For less than $15 he's a nice buy. For more than $20 you drank too much Kool-Aid.

In case you didn't hear the story of the fan who got the Game 6 home run ball to Freese, here it is:
        http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...rn=mlb-wp25597

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          Had a $12 regular season, is age 28.
          I think we'll agree that he was a tempting target entering 2012 - until the playoffs.
          Every league will have a couple of owners who totally buy into the hot postseason, and will pay a premium.

I'd nominate him pretty early, and let the dollars flow out of someone else's pocket..
          This is exactly where I was coming from.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Well gentlemen, it all depends on your league, who is available, and where you want to spend your money.

IN our NL only all of the top 3B will be kept this year with the exception of a $43B David Wright. And that owner turned down a pretty good trade deadline offer from me. If that trade would have went through I would not have kept him next year. So he may or may not be kept.

There are worse guys to gamble on at the auction this coming year. If he goes $20 or under it might be a good buy (and that has nothing to do with his WS performance). A .300 ave with 20 hr is nothing to sneeze at.

I have a $23 Sandoval so I don't have to worry about it.

Comment

.297 AVG, but .283 xBA suggests he's not a lock for .300 although it's not out of the question. Neither is .265.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                .297 AVG, but .283 xBA suggests he's not a lock for .300 although it's not out of the question. Neither is .265.
                Yep, that is why I used the term gamble. 28 and trending upward, I would wager closer to .300 than .265.

If you don't need a 3B he is the type of player to bring out early. If you do need a 3B not so much.

Comment

would you keep Freese over Ike Davis at CI for the same $5 price (NL only)?

Comment

I fear for Davis's 2012 readiness. That injury was a mess, and these are the Mess - er, METS.

If 100 pct, I think I'd got Davis in spite of positional issue, but I'd be happy with either for that price.
                    If I had to decide today, though, I'd go with Freese.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      would you keep Freese over Ike Davis at CI for the same $5 price (NL only)?
                      I like Ike. It would depend on who my other keepers are and what is back in the draft.

I would do my best to keep both.

Comment

Ike is supposed to be pain free and will be ready by spring training.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          I would do my best to keep both.
                          If I kept both I would be frozen out of the 1b/3B market at the draft, which I dont know how good it looks yet. I have Freeman at 1B and Sandoval at 3B. If I kept both Freese and Davis, it takes up CI and Util, and Im ineligible to draft any corners at auction.

Im asking because I plan to trade either Davis or freese pre-draft. Not sure who yet.

Comment

Freese's value surely went up this post-season, but if you had ranked third baggers before, he probably only leaped over one or two. I have him as my #14 3B for next season:

12 - M. Young
                            13 - Prado
                            14 - Freese
                            15 - Moustakis
                            16 - Bonifacio

I moved him up within his same tier, but I don't feel comfortable taking him over the likes of Young or anyone above him.

Comment

Don't forget that he is a major injury concern.
                              Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X