No announcement yet.

Poll: ALDS Yankees/Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darling is a good announcer and Smoltz is ok, but when all 3 guys give a pass to Kelly swinging away in that big spot, that's a big miss.

Tossup game 5, both bullpens should be in good shape. The Rangers will root for extra innings for sure!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      Darling is a good announcer and Smoltz is ok, but when all 3 guys give a pass to Kelly swinging away in that big spot, that's a big miss.

Tossup game 5, both bullpens should be in good shape. The Rangers will root for extra innings for sure!
      Kelly hit an absolute laser to center field that could easily have been a bases clearing triple. But you are right, bad play. We heard you complain about it the first time, but I guess you needed a response, so there you go.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Bottom 3rd -- Cano in a big spot here -- 2 on, 2 out.
        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Roped to right-Center but an out. Fister has been allright so far.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Ah, one of my favorite days of the baseball season, good riddance.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Sweet.
              One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

omigosh, I can breathe now!

Sports radio around NYC today: "Wow, Nova for 5, CC for an inning, Robertson, Soriano, then a FULLY-RESTED Rivera, who can go 2 innings! How can we lose!! I've NEVER been more confident in a Yankee victory!"

Ummmm.....buh-bye!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Ah, one of my favorite days of the baseball season, good riddance.
                  I'm The Feral Slasher and I approve of this message.
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

It's the most wonderful time of the year
                    (Most wonderful time)
                    With the kids jingle-belling
                    And everyone telling you
                    Be of good cheer
                    (Wonderful time)

It's the hap-happiest season of all (wonderful time)
                    With those holiday greetings
                    And great happy meetings
                    When friends come to call
                    It's the hap-happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
                    Marshmallows for roasting
                    And caroling out in the snow (out in the snow)
                    There'll be scary ghost stories
                    And tales of the glories
                    Of Christmases long, long ago

There be much mistletoe-ing
                    And hearts will be glowing
                    When loved ones are near
                    It's the most wonderful time of the year, ooh ah

Woah, there'll be parties for hosting
                    Marshmallows for roasting
                    And caroling out in the snow (out in the snow)
                    There'll be scary ghost stories
                    And tales of the glories
                    Of Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year (most
                    wonderful time)
                    There be much mistletoe-ing
                    And hearts will be glowing
                    When loved ones are near (loved ones are near)
                    It's the most wonderful time (wonderful time)
                    It's the most wonderful time (wonderful time)
                    Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Next time you all want to bash on Yankee fans, look at the reaction/behavior is this thread, compared to the behavior of Yankee fans in the Wild Card thread in response to our rival's biggest, most embarrassing, most humiliating, most damaging loss in some time, if not ever. There was no gloating whatsoever, maybe a slight bit from Bob, but mostly it was simply head-shaking. Inside we may have been ecstatic, but if ever there was a time to rub their noses in it, that was it, DJBeasties even braced himself for it, but it never came.

This was simply a lost series to a good team involving mostly good performances from both sides. Other than ARod and Tex, there's nothing to be ashamed of. If those guys bat just .250, the Yanks win this series. If they see the video of Posada looking out on the field knowing it's his last time as a Yankee, while everyone else heads into the clubhouse, they better know it's on them, they let him down. He stepped up when no one expected him to, and they didn't. That may be why he behaved the way he did earlier in the year when he was getting bumped out of the picture, he knows he's declining and doesn't have the physical ability of those guys, but he knows he cares about winning more than they ever will.

While I acknowledge it is always the goal, you can't win them all and this was never a team I expected to win it all, despite the fact the reason I doubted them, the pitching, is not the reason they didn't win.
                      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

This is why the Rays' collapse in the post-season irked me because the AL was so wide open this season. They're all playing for the chance to lose to the NL, but getting to the World Series is still incredible.

Comment

Lost amidst all the Yankee bashing.....Doug Freakin' Fister, pitching hero. I'm trying to think of a more unlikely storyline this year in baseball, but can't come even close.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Lost amidst all the Yankee bashing.....Doug Freakin' Fister, pitching hero. I'm trying to think of a more unlikely storyline this year in baseball, but can't come even close.
                            How about Dave Dombrowski landing Doug Fister and Delmon Young in mid-season deals? Where would the Tigers be without those two?

Comment

While they had a few big innings that made the offense look great in the two victories, I thought that the Yankees' offense was otherwise stultifying. Because Cervelli got hurt and Girardi didn't feel comfortable putting Montero or Posada behind the plate, he could never pinch hit for Russ Martin and his three true outcomes: strikeout, pop-up, tailor-made double play. And then he felt the need to leave A-Rod in the middle of the lineup despite the fact that he showed no real power potential at any point after his return from injury. If only A-Rod had gotten hurt instead of Cervelli, he could have run out a daily lineup of Gardner, Jeter, Granderson, Cano, Tex, Swish, Posada, Chavez/Nunez, Martin, and he would have had the option of pinch-hitting for the 8 or 9 hitters with Montero in big spots without worrying about the lack of a suitable defensive replacement. Instead, he only really got a chance to use Montero in a blow-out, pinch hitting for Posada who was pretty locked-in at the plate anyway. Andruw didn't get a single at bat, and Chavez maybe one. And despite leading the league in SBs this year, I think they had maybe one all series. Again, stultifying offense.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                                How about Dave Dombrowski landing Doug Fister and Delmon Young in mid-season deals? Where would the Tigers be without those two?
                                At least he gave up value for Fister. Delmon Young was a damn gift

Comment

Working...
                                X