is anyone else discombobulated ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is anyone else discombobulated ...

... by the season ending on a Wednesday this year?
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

it's strange, that's for sure. It also screwed up many fantasy leagues, since [at least CBS] sites did not allow lineup changes to be made for the shortened week.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      it's strange, that's for sure. It also screwed up many fantasy leagues, since [at least CBS] sites did not allow lineup changes to be made for the shortened week.
      That REALLY pissed me off since I'm in a league with secondary weekly prizes and a lot of the pitchers I have (Greinke, Bailey, etc) have pitched their last game already and could've been swapped out. I'm in a tight four way race for first and second and really would've liked to have moved players around this week.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

You mean cbs is telling you, the customer, what your league can and can not do in regards to league rules?

I would've never believed it !

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          You mean cbs is telling you, the customer, what your league can and can not do in regards to league rules?

I would've never believed it !

Not at all.

If I, as commish, wanted to allow owners to change their lineup, they could've contacted me and I could've easily made the change. But since I did not realize it ahead of time, and there was no real groundswell of support for that, I decided against allowing it. If for next year MLB also ends on a Wednesday, I will allow last week lineup changes.

Who knows if CBS is the only site out there that combined the last 10 days into one week. I can't quote others, since I don't use any others.

Comment

Not at all.

If I, as commish, wanted to allow owners to change their lineup, they could've contacted me and I could've easily made the change. But since I did not realize it ahead of time, and there was no real groundswell of support for that, I decided against allowing it. If for next year MLB also ends on a Wednesday, I will allow last week lineup changes.

Who knows if CBS is the only site out there that combined the last 10 days into one week. I can't quote others, since I don't use any others.
            Next year is going to have the same mid week finish (and start, a friday...I always wondered why mlb didn't begin the year on a thursday or friday...I am glad they have made the change).

Comment

At CBS the commissioner can change the schedule from the default and add an extra week, which allows for waivers and lineup changes. Blame your commish for not knowing about it or how to do it.

Commish Tools -> Standings/Matchups -> Advanced Schedule Editor

Comment

It is weird only because I may need the extra time in my NL only league. I am .5 out of third. I need one win, one sb or two rbi for a tie. If the right guy gets 2 sbs, or I get 2 extra rbi I take third. Means about 300 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Igor View Post
                  At CBS the commissioner can change the schedule from the default and add an extra week, which allows for waivers and lineup changes. Blame your commish for not knowing about it or how to do it.

Commish Tools -> Standings/Matchups -> Advanced Schedule Editor
                  Um, wow -- I didn't know that!!

Comment

Working...
                  X