29 Years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 Years!

Who knew back in 1982 that we Brewer fans would have to wait another 29 years to celebrate a division championship? And, there is no way any of us would've known that it would come in a different stadium...one with a frick'n roof! We couldn't have hoped to have an owner with money, well at least some money, and one who had a willingness to spend it. Who could have guessed our former owner would become the Commissioner.

AND, NO ONE could have predicted it would happen IN A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LEAGUE!

Hell, Robin Yount and Paul Molitor are both old men now. That little clubhouse rat, Craig Counsel, grew up and is now nearing "old" age. Uecker is even older and a slipping in his game calling skills, often forgetting to tell the listener what just happened. Even my namesake has aged, though gracefully, and moved to a shiny new chalet with a waterless slide! No Beer Mug to slide in to any longer and no Bonnie Brewer to snuggle with. Hell, half the kids on the team weren't even born in 1982, well except Craig Counsel and LaTroy Hawkins. Those two were both in High School back then, I think. OK, maybe it was only grade school, but you get the point.

IT BEEN A LONG TIME!

I sure thought it would've been sooner. God, there were some dark years; even dark decades! 19 losing seasons in the last 29, with only 8 winning season and only three of those in the last 19! We suffered through a string of Pirates-esque 14 straight losing seasons. We experienced ONE playoff appearance and a single post season win. Until the last month or so, we have never experienced the magic of the "Magic Number".

IT'S AWESOME!

Who knows what lies ahead, whether they play one series or find their way to the World Series, it’s been a season for the ages in Milwaukee and Wisconsin. There’s room on the bandwagon, for fans of teams that will be staying home in October. Jump on board, it’s gonna be fun!

Hey Prince, STAY!
    I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

congrats BB, & enjoy it!!!
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

:beer:

One more for the Wallbangers.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Congrats! I remember the Harvey Kuenn teams.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

THIS IS GREAT!!

But we still might not get rid of the Cards.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Congrats!!! The Brew Crew have some fun players, a GREAT stadium, and hope for more in future. Well done on signing Braun long-term. Losing Prince would hurt, but signing him would hurt worse. I doubt he ages well (look at his dad!). But the core is still solid.

Go forth and conquer!

Comment

Congratulations and enjoy it!!! I love how outside of the AL East, baseball is cyclical and sooner or later every team seems to win a division.

As a Jays fan I'd like to see Price follow in his father's footsteps, but with Lind/Cooper/EE playing first this year, even if the Jays don't resign EE, I don't see room for Price, unless the Jays trade Cooper for an arm and try to fast track a playoff birth.

Good luck in the postseason!!!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
              X