Javier Vazquez..WTF????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javier Vazquez..WTF????

He's given up just 1 ER in his last 36 IP....where ya been all year dude???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

He turned it around months ago. His September is making him look like Cliff Lee now.

Here is his numbers Post All-Star:
    W L CG SHO INN BB K ERA WHIP BA
    7 3 1 1 87.1 16 87 2.16 0.89 .196
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

You can even date it back to mid-June, he just had such a big hole to dig out of that is season-long numbers are *just* starting to look the bit appealing.

After June 11th, when he was torched for 7 ER in 3.7 IP, his ERA was 7.09 and since then he has been quite good in the subsequent 18 starts:

118 IP
      1.91 ERA
      0.97 WHIP
      9-5 W-L
      8.1 K/9
      1.5 BB/9
      5.6 K/BB

Comment

I dropped Vazquez for the last time on June 17 after he'd given up 19 er over 18.2 ip in 4 starts that month and his overall numbers were putrid. Then he turned into Cy Young.

pretty much sums up my luck all year.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          I dropped Vazquez for the last time on June 17 after he'd given up 19 er over 18.2 ip in 4 starts that month and his overall numbers were putrid. Then he turned into Cy Young.

pretty much sums up my luck all year.
          Ditto. Heck, I've owned him three times this year. Every time it looked like he was rebounding, I picked him up and he subsequently got lit up. A buddy of mine helped convince me he was toast. My Javier Vazquez 2011 experience has been nothing but pain.

Comment

Javy was this year's Wandy. He struggled far enough into the season that it was reasonable for team managers to cut him in many league formats, but then he rebounded in a big way. Only the incredibly patient were rewarded (among those who drafted/auctioned him) otherwise he was a waiver or trade gem for some lucky dog.

Comment

if i finish in the money in my league, it will be a big credit to javier vazquez, who is 4-0 with 1 ER and 19 baserunners in 4 starts since i picked him up to start the month. wins are one of the tightest categories, so if he can get me another it would be a real boost.

Comment

Count me as another who picked him up off the scrap heap in July in my H2H league where he is now one of my lead dogs (with Shields, Weaver and Kershaw) as I close out the championship. Nice work Javy...

Comment

This tool will never grace a fantasy team of mine ever again. I still haven't forgiven him for costing me Tout Mixed in 2007. And I never will...

He is an enigma wrapped inside a mystery enclosed in a conundrum. He could just as easily pitch a perfect game tomorrow as give up 10 ER in 2/3 of an inning. I realize that fantasy baseball is a form of gambling in some sense, but this is a bit too much risk for me.

It's like dating a really hot chick that is totally into you one day and barely remembers your name the next. And then 3 days later wants to marry you.
                  "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
                  "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Working...
                  X