Clint Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clint Hurdle

This AM I was at a Sbux in Philadelphia with my 7yo son that had a Pirate hat on and before we left a gentleman approached me and asked if he could talk to my son for a couple of minutes. The gentleman ended up being Hurdle who talked to us for 10 minutes. My son is same age as one of his sons and you could tell he missed him. Not sure what his public reputation is, but was awesome with my son. We're sitting behind their dugout tonight and said he would send some players over to chat if we were there early.

The only interesting fantasy news is that he said he's coaching a tired team and they are looking to get help, as he looked at iPhone, but that it would be tough based on the circumstances.

That's awesome.

You could tell the "tired" thing last night. Morton had nothing but they left him in for 100 pitches because their bullpen was so overworked in the Braves series.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Great story
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Not surprised at all. Hurdle has continued to impress ever since he arrived in Pittsburgh during the off-season. Not since Chuck Tanner in the late seventies have i seen Pirates fans embrace a new manager so quickly. Yeah, i guess the winning record may have something to do with it now. But, even before the season started you couldn't help but love his energy and enthusiasm for the team and the city.

One of my favorite quotes about Hurdle was from Joe Starkey of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review when he compared the previous and current Pirates managers: "The new manager, Clint Hurdle, is to John Russell what Red Bull is to the world's heaviest barbiturate."
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That's a great story. Whatever his tactical shortcomings, he has done a great job with the clubhouse and the fan base.

Comment

Working...
          X