TOR-STL-CWS Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOR-STL-CWS Trade

Sounds like Jackson and Mark Teahen to the Blue Jays for Jason Frasor and a prospect.

White Sox waiting for Jacksons arrival. He is now being told deal is official

http://twitter.com/#!/BNightengale/s...42157131792384
    There is also a rumor that Jackson may then be moved in another deal to St. Louis for Rasmus.

Money appears only holdup in 3-team deal that would send EJax to #Cardinals, Rasmus to #BlueJays.

http://twitter.com/#!/Ken_Rosenthal/...44046695108608
    Last edited by Ryno84MVP; 07-27-2011, 10:58 AM.

Buster tweets:

Zach Stewart and Jason Frasor go from CWS for Edwin Jackson and Mark Teahen.

Comment

This deal sucks. Rasmus isn't going to get any more playing time than he is now in the crowded Toronto OF. Since I have Raj Davis & Rasmus on my fantasy team, I just got screwed. Probably need to drop one for Jay though for the playing time.

Who will get more PT? I would think Rasmus since he is the left handed hitter.

Comment

Any chance Snider goes in the deal?

Comment

not hearing anything about Rasmus on the Toronto side yet ... hopefully tho, I'm not exactly a EJax fan ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

from rotoworld ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
            Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that a deal that will send Colby Rasmus to the Blue Jays for Edwin Jackson, Octavio Dotel and Marc Rzepczynski is "imminent."
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by braveshots View Post
              Who will get more PT? I would think Rasmus since he is the left handed hitter.
              Don't you think Thames is the guy that loses out here?
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I suspect that there are more deals in the works involving Toronto OFers ... a 6-man OF of Rasmus, Snider, Bautista, Davis, Patterson, & Thames doesn't make a whole lot of sense (Bautista is definitely viewed long term in the OF, not 3B).

Comment

Buster Olney:
                  Colby Rasmus, Trever Miller, Brian Tallet and P.J. Walters for Jackson, Marc Rzepczynski, Dotel and Corey Patterson

Comment

I hate Alex Anthopoulos -- evil genius

Cards fans are going to hate this move when all they have left at the end of the season is a LOOGY and a draft pick

Comment

Anthopoulos is unreal. Good for Jays fans. I sure as heck wish the offense-starved M's could've gotten in on Rasmus, grrr.

Also, it seems like a silly deal for the White Sox.

Comment

Olney tweeting Trever Miller heading to the White Sox.

Comment

okay AA, now what will it take to get Heath Bell ... a package centered on Snider?

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                            Anthopoulos is unreal. Good for Jays fans. I sure as heck wish the offense-starved M's could've gotten in on Rasmus, grrr.

Also, it seems like a silly deal for the White Sox.
                            Straight salary dump. Teahen was owed something like $7m the rest of this season + next season. But hey, AA took him on to land Rasmus. What a great deal for the Jays!

Comment

A guy in my NL only league traded Justin Upton, Maybin, Nunez and Randy Wolf in a deal where Rasmus was the centerpiece at $13 for two more years. Now he gets $13 of FAAB money. Not really a good deal for him.

Ouch
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X