TOR-STL-CWS Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    Also, it seems like a silly deal for the White Sox.
    The deal saves the Sox about $9 million over the next 1 1/2 years, and Zach Stewart is a pretty decent pitching prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
      The deal saves the Sox about $9 million over the next 1 1/2 years, and Zach Stewart is a pretty decent pitching prospect.
      No, he's not (in my opinion anyway). And the White Sox lose out on the draft pick compensation for Edwin Jackson, too. I hope the money they save was worth it, but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Comment

Rasmus traded to Toronto

Blue Jays acquired OF Colby Rasmus, LHP Trever Miller, LHP Brian Tallet and RHP P.J. Walters from the Cardinals for RHPs Edwin Jackson and Octavio Dotel, LHP Marc Rzepcynzki, OF Corey Patterson and three players to be named later or cash considerations.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

does dotel or salas close for the cardinals?

Comment

Heard a very good radio interview here in Toronto yesterday with AA .. a few notes from it:

he expects that the Jays are done trading - there is no follow up trade planned ... he said that they had talks with several teams on the go but all of them involved the players traded yesterday so they would need significant restructuring if they were to go forward & he didn't see that happening.
            The Jays will now focus on improving the team through free agency in the off-season, though there may be a small deal unfold if something were to come up before Sunday.
            They are very happy to have some stability now in CF as it was an area of weakness for the team (he was asked specifically about Anthony Gose & while he didn't directly say so I got the impression that he sees him as several years away still, if he's at all a serious prospect ... I'd drop him on any prospect lists based on what I heard)

Going to the game tonight ... looking fwd to seeing Rasmus in a Jay uniform!
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by bweiser831 View Post
              does dotel or salas close for the cardinals?
              Sounds like it's Salas and McClellan. Dotel is not in the mix.

Comment

Welcome to the NL Edwin. 13 hits and 8 ER through 5 IP.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
                X