For next year, Posey or Avila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For next year, Posey or Avila

For about the same value, who would you rather have next year Avila or Posey? I got burned by Kendrys this year and am skeptical of these major leg injuries.

I too am gun shy of injuried players, but I'd still gamble on Posey if you have to decide now. If you already have both, obviously, you'll have plenty of time to decide as more news comes out on Posey's recovery.

Comment

Buster pretty easily.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Posey for me, too. Yeah, there's some risk, but I think he's the most talented hitting catcher in the NL.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Is it just for next year or do you have options to keep them beyond 2012? Honestly I would take Avila just for 2012. I just think he's almost as good as a healthy Posey and who knows what we'll get from Buster?

Comment

I have a trade offer of swapping them straight up. I have Avila and am out of contention. If Avila keeps his pace, Posey will be slightly cheaper come the years end. They both can be multi year keepers, but the way we assign values to players this would be for two years max ('12 and maybe '13).

Comment

Working...
            X