No announcement yet.

SeaDogStat Memorial League picks and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously? If you are set to auto, it still waits 2 hours?!?!?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• <p>
      [QUOTE=heyelander;432732]seriously? If you are set to auto, it still waits 2 hours?!?!?[/QUOte}</p>
      <p>
      No, sorry, was joking. AUTO is immediate and if you time out, you are automatically put on auto.</p>
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• phew. I know I've sucked for this draft so far, but I didn't want to be that shitty.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I wondered when someone would take a chance on Liam. Thought about it a few times.
          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
            I wondered when someone would take a chance on Liam. Thought about it a few times.
            I've been telling Pauly for a few rounds that he is worth taking this late, finally got to the point where I couldn't keep passing him up. Reward>Risk here for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I've been telling Pauly for a few rounds that he is worth taking this late, finally got to the point where I couldn't keep passing him up. Reward>Risk here for me.
              That discussion led to an interesting look at the CHW bullpen. Ken and I debated how viable Graveman actually is as a closer. We both agree he is definitely in the middle to lower tier of closers based on skills. I argued that while Bummer is probably a better pitcher than Graveman, CHW only has two LHP in their pen, which makes me think they will stick with Graveman at least if/until Hendriks can return.

Ken disagrees, saying Bummer has every bit as good a chance to close as Graveman (forgive me if I am putting words in your mouth), and even Diekman and Kelly could challenge. I will let him fill in if I am missing anything. I did agree that Kelly could be a darkhorse.

Comment

• There is one more candidate. Past two seasons as a reliever:
                83.2 IP
                2.69 ERA
                .88 WHIP
                25.6% K%
                4.4% BB%
                Reynaldo Lopez
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Hendricks had bubbled up to the top of my queue when he was taken. Well worth the risk at this point (they're all essentially flyers of one sort or another now anyway).
                  "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Good draft. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially Todd for making it possible.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                      Good draft. Thanks to everyone who participated and especially Todd for making it possible.
                      Agreed, thanks Todd! I always use the first draft to get my bearings, this one was very useful

Comment

• Yes, thanks all. I think my predicted finish (in Todd's spreadsheet) is about right - bottom third .

Apologies for some long pick waits - weekdays sometimes I get dragged into work things (yes, some of us aren't retired [yet!] ), and weekend mornings I usually sleep in. Being on the turnaround meant sometimes I didn't want to set a 30-person queue and set autodraft. Especially in the mid-rounds, where things can change pretty drastically in that many picks (with runs on positions/roles/stats). Anyway, apologies. I wouldn't have minded a faster timeout (in both phases), FWIW...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                          There is one more candidate. Past two seasons as a reliever:
                          83.2 IP
                          2.69 ERA
                          .88 WHIP
                          25.6% K%
                          4.4% BB%
                          Reynaldo Lopez
                          After round 30, I moved him to the top of my board and auto pick threw a dart his way back in round 31. Maybe I should have bumped him down and waited a few rounds to speculate on saves, but I didn’t go for closers early so between he, Floro, Holmes and Harvey, I hope I get enough to be competitive.
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                          RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Working...
                          X