SeaDogStat Memorial League picks and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Now that he has been taken...I was shocked how long it took for Varsho to go off the board. What am I missing here? He feels like a third or fourth rounder to me - a guy with the C who is going to play full time OF in the Toronto lineup..sign like everyone up.
    The catching position seems deeper than usual this season. Lots of talented young offensive catchers combined with an emergence of middle-of-the-road catcher who have become passable offensive options.

Comment

4-4
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I basically flipped a coin over Murphy vs. William Contreras. I figure Contreras will hit more home runs, but Murphy will be hitting in a better lineup which could translate to more runs and ribbies. Tough choice.

I know that's not the 4-4 Doig is talking about, just saying.
        If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          4-4
          Heh. I did have Hoskins near the top of my list also, so we must really be thinking alike!
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Totally spaced this out...Bi-Weekly lineup changes?
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Totally spaced this out...Bi-Weekly lineup changes?

Never mind, found the answer...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

<p>
                Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                I basically flipped a coin over Murphy vs. William Contreras. I figure Contreras will hit more home runs, but Murphy will be hitting in a better lineup which could translate to more runs and ribbies. Tough choice. I know that&#39;s not the 4-4 Doig is talking about, just saying.
                Oh youve contributed with Arenado and Edmman, Contreras would have been three...this turn around between Lucky and Butler has been brutal.</p>
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Call me the anti-GITH (jinx incoming) because I dont feel like Ive been sniped at all yet this draft. I had it Springer/Eloy on my pick and Springer went right before, and I had it Vinnie/Abreu and Abreu went right before me. Not sure if this means I'm doing it right or not haha.

Comment

Joe Ryan was a snipe. Ice broken. I wonder if I reversed muncy and ryan if it would’ve worked out.

Comment

Here we go....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well, I wanted Lynn, so that is out. Have to look now...
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                          Well, I wanted Lynn, so that is out. Have to look now...
                          Jinx broken--thought about Lopez but preferred Luzardo

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            You did.
                            Got me back with Haniger...I wanted both Duran and Haniger, miscalculater and took the pitcher first. Good job by you...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Got me back with Haniger...I wanted both Duran and Haniger, miscalculater and took the pitcher first. Good job by you...
                              Finally.

I was hoping for Haniger and Renfroe as my outfield is...lacking. At least I feel like I have a solid infield. Mountcastle should be a better corner than most teams have so that might make up for a weaker outfield.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Sure seem to be moving slow today - maybe if y'all went faster I'd have Mondesi right now haha

Comment

Working...
                                X