Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA Top 100" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up trading for more picks....not sure if I should have, but I liked a lot of guys in this draft. Here is who I ended up with:

Gavin Cross (13), Matt Mervis (14), Kevin Parada (15), Junior Caminero (17), Brock Porter (18), Dalton Rushing (22), Cade Horton (24), Kumar Rocker (25), Addison Barger (28), Brandon Barriera (31).

I really wanted Lesko, but he went #11. I don't love that I drafted two "catchers," but at their places, I felt I had to take them as some in my league don't discount catching prospects....I got a big return trading Francisco Alvarez this offseason. I am also betting that at least one of them ends up off catcher or as a catcher/dh hybrid like Alvarez. I don't like Rocker much, but at 25, I felt he was worth the gamble given my league values pitching more than most (it is a points league). I was most happy with snagging Caminero, Porter, and Horton where I did. Not in love with Cross, but I know a guy in my league that would have taken him top 5, so I am hoping I can move Cross down the road to him for a good return.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-03-2023, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Dylan Crews of LSU is the presumptive 1st pick of the draft. How is he going to grade out on the usual 80 point scales?

How would you rank the quality of SEC baseball compared to minor leagues--Rookie, A, High A?
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
        Dylan Crews of LSU is the presumptive 1st pick of the draft. How is he going to grade out on the usual 80 point scales?

How would you rank the quality of SEC baseball compared to minor leagues--Rookie, A, High A?
        Thanx for the response, onejay.

FG has an overall FV grade of 55 on Crews. MLB is the only site I see that has a grade breakdown for him. They have 60 hit, 60 power, 55 run, 55 arm and 50 field and an overall grade of 60, but their grades are generally more liberal than other sites. The SEC definitely the number 1 college conference talent-wise but I dont have much of an idea of how they compare to pro levels. I'd think somewhere between rookie and Low-A ball, probably closer to rookie level.

Also, I dont think it is clear at all that he will go Home overall now. Other strong contenders would be Wyatt Langford, Chase Dollander and Paul Skenes.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post

Thanx for the response, onejay.

FG has an overall FV grade of 55 on Crews. MLB is the only site I see that has a grade breakdown for him. They have 60 hit, 60 power, 55 run, 55 arm and 50 field and an overall grade of 60, but their grades are generally more liberal than other sites. The SEC definitely the number 1 college conference talent-wise but I dont have much of an idea of how they compare to pro levels. I'd think somewhere between rookie and Low-A ball, probably closer to rookie level.

Also, I dont think it is clear at all that he will go # 1 overall now. Other strong contenders would be Wyatt Langford, Chase Dollander and Paul Skenes.
          Thanks, and you anticipated my next question. Crews and Langford have similar breakdowns. What differentiates them?
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Thanks, and you anticipated my next question. Crews and Langford have similar breakdowns. What differentiates them?
            MLB's breakdown on Langford is similar to Crews': 60 hit, 65, power, 55 run, 50 field, 50 arm. BA's report says that Langford may project as being more of a power over hit player. BA's reports seem to indicate that Crews' contact rate and hit tool are better than Langford's. Their profile does seem to be very similar and some already are ranking Langford above Crews. Both have gotten off to excellent starts this season, altho Langford has hit more HRs. But I'll continue to keep Crews higher on my list for now and just take note as the college season plays out.

Comment

Rhd, Gabriel Moreno seems to have fallen off a lot on your list. I don’t have any shares of Moreno, but he seems to be a very solid bat (good BA, some power). What am I missing? ie. What’s the knock? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Rhd, Gabriel Moreno seems to have fallen off a lot on your list. I don’t have any shares of Moreno, but he seems to be a very solid bat (good BA, some power). What am I missing? ie. What’s the knock? Thanks!
                It's mostly just the typical downgrade that I give most catchers. But also he has displayed little power - BA rates his power as only a 45. And, altho he is projected to be in MLB going forward, he's not projected to even be a starter at this point.

Comment

A pair of Tigers getting KO'd:
                  Jackson Jobe has lumbar spine inflammation and will miss 3-6 months
                  Dillon Dingler had knee surgery and will miss 6-8 weeks

Comment

Working...
                  X