Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 Roto Prospects ("Pre-BA Top 100" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cleo View Post
    Thanks for the new list RHD. Can you tell me your reason for the large drop on Brooks Lee? He did pretty well in his first year in the minors playing in rookie ball, A and AA and hit over .300. Is it because the Twins brought back Correa?
    Thanx for the response, cleo.

It's hard to rank draftees who have no pro experience. Right before the draft, I thought Lee was the best college bat and considered him in a tier w the top guys, Green, Johnson and Holliday. I actually thought it wouldnt have been a bad choice for the O's to select him Home overall since he'd probably be ready for MLB a lot sooner than the HS guys. I was a bit surprised that the reports on Lee havent been more glowing. I now see him as belonging more w the 2nd tier of draftees, along w Neto, Collier and Cross, so that's where I put him. I might have him too low now but that's where he is for now.
    Last edited by rhd; 02-04-2023, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Matt Allan of the Mets needs UCL revision surgery and will miss a 4th consecutive season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Matt Allan of the Mets needs UCL revision surgery and will miss a 4th consecutive season.
        Probably time for me to give up on him and Forrest Whitley, but I'm trying to get Max Meyer as a replacement, lol
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Chase DeLauter re-broke his foot and will miss 4-5 months of action.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Chase DeLauter re-broke his foot and will miss 4-5 months of action.
            I don't normally let non-career threatening injuries move the needle much for me for a prospect, but it is concerning this injury is a repeat from last year. I like his upside, but that foot may be a long term issue for him.

Comment

I join a dynasty league and have the Forum and Groups overall picks. These players are available to be drafted: Chourio, Manzardo, Druw Jones, Mead and Halliday. Which players are your preference?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                I join a dynasty league and have the Forum and Groups overall picks. These players are available to be drafted: Chourio, Manzardo, Druw Jones, Mead and Halliday. Which players are your preference?
                Churio

Jones
                Holliday

Manzardo
                Mead

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  Number 2 and Number 4 overall.

# gets substituted to be a link to a particular portion of the site.

Jones, Holliday, Chourio, Manzardo, Mead

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Churio

Jones
                    Holliday

Manzardo
                    Mead
                    Yep...

Comment

Where does Ji Hwan Bae fit in the scheme of overseas possibilities?
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                        Where does Ji Hwan Bae fit in the scheme of overseas possibilities?
                        ??? Bae has been with the Pirates organization since 2018 and reached the majors last year. He still is eligible for my list and is ranked fairly high because he has performed well in the minors , has some speed and currently is projected to be on the Pirates' bench this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          ??? Bae has been with the Pirates organization since 2018 and reached the majors last year. He still is eligible for my list and is ranked fairly high because he has performed well in the minors , has some speed and currently is projected to be on the Pirates' bench this year.
                          So, basically he's just another minor league prospect who is likely to come north with the team.

I knew that he had been around. I did not realize it was five years already. Losing 2020 threw a lot of things off.
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            So, basically he's just another minor league prospect who is likely to come north with the team.

I knew that he had been around. I did not realize it was five years already. Losing 2020 threw a lot of things off.
                            Yeah, I would say at this point that he's not worth anything more than maybe a late reserve round pick if you're looking for some cheap speed. Altho w a team like the Pirates, he could get a chance at some regular playing time at some point.

Comment

RHD and all, I'd love advice and feedback related to how to rank some good prospects in a FYPD that are not FYPs.

In my FYPD this year there are a few notable non FYPD guys available. Specifically, these five stand out: Matt Mervis, Logan O'Hoppe, Junior Caminero, Addison Barger, and Aaron Zavala. How would you rank these guys, weighing two things heavily: 1. whether they will make a positive contribution in the majors this year, or 2. their upside/potential to be a valuable trade chip midseason. That is, if you think a guy is going to definitely play and be decent at some point this year, I want to bump him up, but other than a decent amount of playing time this year, I don't want to weight proximity much--it doesn't really affect their trade value in my league, and aside from those that may contribute this year, the prospects perceived trade value is all I really care about. So I am looking for now contributors and/or guys with big upside that will either maintain desirability or gain even more by the time the midseason prospect lists come out.

So, in a FYPD, given those priorities, how would you rank the five guys above on a FYPD ranking? I made some moves, so I have 8 picks in the first two rounds--picks 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 23, 25, and 28 (14 team mixed 1 catcher league, 20 deep per team in minors). There are other guys like Yasser Mercedes, Marco Raya, and Cade Povich, out there too, but I listed the five above as the guys I thought could be considered as top 28 picks. If you think any of thee three should rank top 28 too, please include them.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-23-2023, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                RHD and all, I'd love advice and feedback related to how to rank some good prospects in a FYPD that are not FYPs.

In my FYPD this year there are a few notable non FYPD guys available. Specifically, these five stand out: Matt Mervis, Logan O'Hoppe, Junior Caminero, Addison Barger, and Aaron Zavala. How would you rank these guys, weighing two things heavily: 1. whether they will make a positive contribution in the majors this year, or 2. their upside/potential to be a valuable trade chip midseason. That is, if you think a guy is going to definitely play and be decent at some point this year, I want to bump him up, but other than a decent amount of playing time this year, I don't want to weight proximity much--it doesn't really affect their trade value in my league, and aside from those that may contribute this year, the prospects perceived trade value is all I really care about. So I am looking for now contributors and/or guys with big upside that will either maintain desirability or gain even more by the time the midseason prospect lists come out.

So, in a FYPD, given those priorities, how would you rank the five guys above on a FYPD ranking? I made some moves, so I have 8 picks in the first two rounds--picks 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 23, 25, and 28 (14 team mixed 1 catcher league, 20 deep per team in minors). There are other guys like Yasser Mercedes, Marco Raya, and Cade Povich, out there too, but I listed the five above as the guys I thought could be considered as top 28 picks. If you think any of thee three should rank top 28 too, please include them.
                                Thanx for the response, SM.

I would rank them almost the way I have them ranked on my list. O'Hoppe is supposed to be the opening day catcher, but I wouldnt desire him more than Mervis or Caminero. Mervis I would expect will get considerable playing time later in the year, around mid-season, perhaps. Caminero likely is a long way away from MLB but I like his value as a high-upside trade chip. Barger is not on the list but he is getting some helium now and may be in MLB later in the year, altho I wouldnt expect a lot of playing time from him. Zavala is hurt and likely not back until mid-season. Plus he hasnt played above AA. I dont value any of the other 3 more than the 1st five. Off the top of my head, I probably would rank them Mervis, Caminero, O'Hoppe, Barger, Zavala.

Comment

Working...
                                X