2K23: Oswaldo Cabrera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23: Oswaldo Cabrera

This is a spin-off of a conversation about Brandon Marsh. I commented that Marsh and Cabrera were being drafted fairly close together. The reply was that they were several rounds apart. Early in NFBC draft season that was true-ish. Marsh and Cabrera were 41 picks apart through the end of November. It is less true since then. From 1 December to 13 January, the gap is only 12.

Then I saw this on Fangraphs.
    Yankees

• Oswaldo Cabrera will get every opportunity to be the starting shortstop.

I do not think Volpe will be in the mix to start the season. By the end of the season, I’m projecting he’ll be with the Yankees as a September call-up, like Peraza was this season. I also think Peraza will be given every single opportunity to win the starting shortstop job this spring. The only way I see Peraza not being the starting shortstop is if he’s just so dreadful in spring training and has zero confidence or if he’s hurt.

Though it says Oswaldo Cabrera, the bit is clearly about Oswaldo Peraza. It occurred to me that there may be other people confusing Cabrera with Peraza. After all, both have the same unusual first name, play IF for the Yankees, and were born in the same year. Further, the original comment about a draft gap of several rounds makes more sense. The gap between Brandon Marsh and Oswaldo Peraza is 49 For December/January drafts and used to be wider.

Now that the theatrics are cleared up, Oswaldo Cabrera, the one with the utility player glove, projects (Steamer) as a semi-regular LF with spot play in RF and IF.
    2023 - 383 PA, .237/.300/.420, 14 HR, 9 SB

If accurate, what is that worth in a 15-team league?
    Last season he slashed .247/.312/.429 in 171 PA. Assuming he matches that, will it significantly affect his PT?
    What if he takes a small step forward, say .255/.320/.440. Would that earn him 500 PA?
    What would that be worth in a 15-team league?
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude
Working...
X