Skubal for Profar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skubal for Profar

I have been offered a $1 Profar for my $5 Skubal. I am trying to win this year, but my hitting is strong, so Profar doesn't help me a lot, except for depth at multiple positions. I really like Skubal long term, but the Tigers will likely play it safe with him this year, so I don't expect much from him the ROS. Should I do the deal? Who is the better keeper for next year?

At first glance I was like this is a pass, but I think it depends on your team needs. Profar is a somewhat consistent .260ish hitter with 18-20 HRs, 8-10 SBs, 80+ R and 70 RBIs. But will he continue to get full-time ABs on San Diego, which is now a powerhouse? If you think that, I'd go for Profar.

I'm not sure Skubal will become an "ace," but he should be solid as well.

Good offer, I think I lean Profar.

Comment

Skubal has an inflammation in his left forearm and the indication that he will only be out until Aug 17 so I'm a little worried about that. According to Skubal he thought he could pitch next start. If he is healthy I would lean towards him as a keeper for next year. Profar seems to alternate a poor season with an okay season. Him being 29 and Skubal being 25 I prefer Skubal.

Comment

I guess I'd prefer Profar. I just hate keeping hurt pitchers, and Skubal has enough question marks without the health issues that I'd get out.

Profar still leading off even after the trades, so he's got some good counting stat reliability. The positional flexibility is a nice bonus.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Thanks all. If Skubal was not hurt I would not even consider it. I am a fan. But forearm injuries are scary.

TW, your PMs are full.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Thanks all. If Skubal was not hurt I would not even consider it. I am a fan. But forearm injuries are scary.

TW, your PMs are full.
            Ah, thanks. PMs are cleared out now.

I treat any SP with a forearm injury as likely needing TJ within a year. Maybe that's overly conservative of me, but it's based on experience being burned so many times.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
            X