Moustakas called up from AAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moustakas called up from AAA

Aviles sent down. Looks like the future has arrived in KC.

Look for a lot of top or near-top prospects to be called up the rest of this month. It's strictly coincidental that the odds are that such prospects won't achieve Super Two status.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Now if we can just get TB to bring up Desmond Jennings... Moustakas is a real power shot in the arm for my 5th place AL only league and Desmond's speed would be icing on the cake (and hole filler for my 5th OF slot).
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
        Look for a lot of top or near-top prospects to be called up the rest of this month. It's strictly coincidental that the odds are that such prospects won't achieve Super Two status.
        Not disagreeing with your broader point, but for the Royals at least, I don't think it applies as much. They brought Hosmer up well before the likely Super Two deadline, and between the two, Hosmer is the better prospect.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

How does Aviles get demoted before Getz???
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            How does Aviles get demoted before Getz???
            Fielding skill, or at least perceived fielding skill, plays a big part in that.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
            X