Big trade offer, a little uneasy about taking it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big trade offer, a little uneasy about taking it

I give Ackley 1, Hellickson 1, Posey 11/2yrs, Eduardo Sanchez 3, Kotchman 1.

I get four expiring: Votto, Nelson Cruz, Ichiro, Gavin Floyd.

If I were keeping Ackley or Hellickson I would sign them to 6/2 or 11/3 contracts next preseason. Giving up Ackley hurts as I need a replacement for tejada and I'm not real high on ichiro the rest of the way but Votto and Cruz would be big upgrades and Floyd would be a decent Hellickson replacement. We sort of have an in season salary cap and this deal wouldnt leave me with much room left to work with.

Should I take it or is it as tough a decision as I'm making it out to be? I'd likely have Getz as my MI for a while until I can trade for someone.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Where is your team in the rankings? If you're within striking distance, I don't see how you pass this one up.

Comment

7th place, 15 points out, probably 25+ points away from amount needed to ultimately win.

Its a good offer, I'm just worried ichiro doesn't get much better.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

I would take the deal. That's a huge offensive upgrade if you are trying to win this year.

Comment

I agree. I'd take the deal.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Take it and hope the guy in 1st cools off

Comment

thanks guys, went ahead and accepted. I just needed a push to get it done. Already hearing some grumblings from other owners...

Comment

Working...
              X