Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last keeper slot--NL-only, 4x4, auction, $280.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last keeper slot--NL-only, 4x4, auction, $280.

I am down to my 15th and last keeper, I think, if I use all slots. What do you think about these 5 guys?
    Bader-10-B
    Kieboom-15A
    W Flores-12-A
    E. Hernandez-10-A [SP,Miami]
    Belt-option 12
    I have K Hayes in my minors, salary doesn't count until activated [in 2nd week, in his case], so I don't NEED Kieboom, but I am tantalized by his minor league skillset.
    I have C Walker at 1st, Acuna, Hilliard, and Nimmo in OF, and no one at 2nd except Flores and Adam Frazier.
    At SP, I have Buehler, Eflin, Marquez, Gonsolin, and a minor league S.Sanchez when activated.
    Any thoughts?
    Bearin' up!

It'd depend on how much speed I have in the other keepers. If I need wheels, I keep Bader. If not, I keep Belt.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Nimmo has speed but doesn't run, same with Swanson. Hilliard is pretty much an unknown, but he has superb speed. That would be why I might keep Bader. Kieboom can run but you really need to get on base more that he has so far.
      Any more thoughts?
      Bearin' up!

Comment

I wouldn't trust any of those guys for SB's. Bader has OBP issues curtailing his running. Flores is pretty meh. Hernandez is, too. Belt spends half the year on the IL. Not sure what the best choice is there.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          I wouldn't trust any of those guys for SB's. Bader has OBP issues curtailing his running. Flores is pretty meh. Hernandez is, too. Belt spends half the year on the IL. Not sure what the best choice is there.
          Not sure either. My first thought was Belt, who sucks, but sucks in a predictable way. I assume there's a CI and UT slot available still? Tough call.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I've always been a sucker for last year's bum, so I'd take a shot at Keiboom...highest upside by far, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I tend to agree with you Hornsby. I'm not liking the $15. salary for him, though, just on a flyer for the upside. Belt was probably the favorite going in, but as someone noted, he is always hurt, including something going on now. Bader has a job, but he isn't built for fantasy ball. I may just go with what I have and forget about that last slot or 2.
              Bearin' up!

Comment

I own Kieboom in two leagues.

Go with your heart! Let your Kieboom flag fly free!
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I just don't believe in Kieboom at all. Bader, though, I like. He's going to play. He's going to hit low in the order but he's not powerless and he's got a little speed. I can see 15/10 with upside for more. For a deep NL only league you could do worse.

Comment

So, it seems to boil down to whether I have faith in Bader or in Kieboom, and the 'Pen is pretty much a dead heat. I need something to push me over the edge!
                    Scottw
                    Bearin' up!

Comment

Working...
                    X