2K21: Leody Taveras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21: Leody Taveras

I was a bit surprised by his ADP numbers. I get that he is 22 and expected to play full time CF for the Rangers and that he's a SB threat with a little pop, but I thought the Ks were a problem and the BA/OBA was an anchor. He was .227 BA in 2020 and that was with .319 BABIP. Then projections came out

Steamer - 130 G, 570 PA, .247/.312/.383, 13 HR, 66 R, 52 RBI, 21 SB, 8.2% BB%, 23.8% K%, .136 ISO, .309 BABIP

This has a #171 ADP in January Champions drafts at NFC. Are you buying at this price?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Nope. Better real player than fantasy player.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Nope. Better real player than fantasy player.
      That's why he's on my trade block.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

8 steals in 33 games last year, and a 10.4% walk rate. Theoretically that covers up a lot of other flaws. Like, for example, a 32% K rate. ATC has him down for 14hr/24sb. His statcast numbers are pretty meh, outside of that 96th percentile sprint speed. I guess a 63rd percentile hard hit rate is intriguing given everything else he can do. If he had posted an ISO above 111 since 2016, I'd feel better that his power was legit. And his park was mighty tough to hit in last season.

He seems like he could easily steal 30 and play every day. He'll hurt your AVG. But it's probably better than paying 4 rounds higher for Dylan Moore or Tommy Edman, isn't it? The price we all pay for speed, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          8 steals in 33 games last year, and a 10.4% walk rate. Theoretically that covers up a lot of other flaws. Like, for example, a 32% K rate. ATC has him down for 14hr/24sb. His statcast numbers are pretty meh, outside of that 96th percentile sprint speed. I guess a 63rd percentile hard hit rate is intriguing given everything else he can do. If he had posted an ISO above 111 since 2016, I'd feel better that his power was legit. And his park was mighty tough to hit in last season. He seems like he could easily steal 30 and play every day. He'll hurt your AVG. But it's probably better than paying 4 rounds higher for Dylan Moore or Tommy Edman, isn't it? The price we all pay for speed, I guess.
          This. And his minor league record suggests he can get the K-rate under control. I'm buying.
          Leody Taveras Minor & Winter Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

Comment

As a Rangers fan I’ve been following him for 5 years so there is some prospect fatigue. He has talent and he has always played older competition, so there’s quite a bit of upside

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              As a Rangers fan I’ve been following him for 5 years so there is some prospect fatigue. He has talent and he has always played older competition, so there’s quite a bit of upside
              .... and that's why I took him at pick 207 in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                .... and that's why I took him at pick 207 in this draft.
                Because I took Marco Gonzales instead

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Because I took Marco Gonzales instead
                  Feels like you were reading my text messages, I was actually talking to Pauly about him. Freaky.

Comment

Working...
                  X