AFA Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFA Trade

I pickup up Bohm last week and was fixing to drop him due to his slow start. Then I got a trade offer for PAlonso. I need pitching help and targetted MKelly.

His latest offer is PAlonso/MKelly for DSmith/Bohm. I picked up both of them last week. Do it?

The Ottawa Triple Ehs
    H Kiner-Falefa WMyers DMoore Alberto Ahmed Lewis Soler Frazier Springer
    B Bohm
    P Pearson Skubal Bielak Stripling Houser YChirinos Howard Pressly Hudson Rosenthal CGreen Bard
    IL Madrigal WDavis
    Last edited by virgonomic; 08-18-2020, 11:30 AM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Pete Alonso for free? Sure.

Comment

I'm not that confident Merrill Kelly will continue to do what Madison Bumgarner should be doing, but unless that's Yonder Alonso instead of Pete Alonso, I'd push "ACCEPT" on that trade offer fast enough that the other owner can't take it back.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I'm not that confident Merrill Kelly will continue to do what Madison Bumgarner should be doing, but unless that's Yonder Alonso instead of Pete Alonso, I'd push "ACCEPT" on that trade offer fast enough that the other owner can't take it back.
        And if it is Yonder pass.

As a Bohm owner we have a different idea of what starting out slow is. He is batting .286 or .333 for OBP leagues. He has only struck out twice in 14 ABS. Not hot, but not slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

As a Bohm owner we have a different idea of what starting out slow is. He is batting .286 or .333 for OBP leagues. He has only struck out twice in 14 ABS. Not hot, but not slow.
          There's rarely ever anything to look at after 14 AB. This season is teaching us some bad habits with sample sizes.

Comment

What Bumgarner should be doing? Bumgarner hasn't been an ace since 2016

Comment

It's Pete.

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

That's fair. I was going to post "less than hot start". He probably needs some time to ease in and I'm not sure what his ceiling is this year.

I pulled the trigger. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

If it's Pete it's an auto accept

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  There's rarely ever anything to look at after 14 AB. This season is teaching us some bad habits with sample sizes.
                  Agreed.

I would still suggest an 0-14 would be considered a slow start. Not indicative of overall talent, but slow none the less.

Making contact with big league pitching (only 2K's) at least hints at there could be some hope.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    It's Pete.

That's fair. I was going to post "less than hot start". He probably needs some time to ease in and I'm not sure what his ceiling is this year.

I pulled the trigger. Thanks to all for the feedback.
                    Good for you congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      What Bumgarner should be doing? Bumgarner hasn't been an ace since 2016
                      He should be a heck of a lot closer to Merrill Kelly numbers right now.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X