X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Pauly View Post

so is it safe to start talking about baseball around here yet? If it is, let me go on record that Ken haaaaates Trevor Bauer
    haha, fair - I actually have him in at least one league. I just think he's overhyped. Reminds me of Porcello with the one year wonder (although obviously a completely different K profile), hopefully he puts a few more seasons together like 2018 and sheds that.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    so bizarre that if you are feeling really ruthless, you hope your player gets it this week - so they almost certainly recover fully before spring training resumes in earnest, and possibly with antibodies that remove a risk of him missing a part of the season.

touts will be urging "max bids" on players who already have recovered, for leagues that haven't drafted yet.

wait, are we not even halfway through 2020 yet?

1968 still has it beat, but 2020 is racking up some quality nightmare points......

Leave a comment:

• gcstomp
    replied
    This will be a train wreck, no matter what rules are put in, and I do not mean to be a party pooper. Look, Charlie Blackmon just tested positive, a flat out NL star. Words highly infectious arent window dressing. Lots and lots of players will test positive. This year will be a mess.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    I think the redraft 'parallel universe' concept really works for those who don't want to deal with 2020 otherwise.

still some camaraderie, which is great, and important for league stability.

Leave a comment:

• Erik
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    My league has decided to play, though some want to freeze contracts to get an extra year out of them we will not do that. Astrick year or not, we are gonna play it and crown a champ. This year will count like all others. What are others doing?
    We're deciding between freezing rosters for 2021 and just doing a one-off redraft this year, or not doing anything at all. There has been no interest in treating this like a normal year. We don't have long-term contracts (to keep someone, you give them a 50% raise, and decisions on that go year to year), so no one is getting screwed in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    Jayson Stark
    @jaysonst
    ·
    1h
    More adjusted rules:
    *To be eligible for postseason, players must be added to big-league roster by 9/15
    *Season will start with 30-man rosters. Down to 28 after 2 weeks, 26 after 4 weeks.
    *Pitchers/catchers report to camp first, then position players.

Jayson Stark
    @jaysonst
    There will be a trade deadline this season, sources say. It will be Aug. 31.
    7:23 PM · Jun 23, 2020

Leave a comment:

• cool hand
    replied
    Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Not moving forward in my league. We're doing a special, one-time redraft just for this year and next year, we're continuing like 2020 never happened.
    Contemplating this. My league has not drafted yet, and we are convening on Friday via Zoom to determine what the course of action will be, and whether or not we'll hold a live auction. Curious to hear other league's solutions. I think the greatest likelihood is that we will just play '20 out like a normal season, with some minor rules tweaks.

Leave a comment:

• cavebird
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    My opinion is that if a prize is awarded the contracts have to move forward.
    I agree. You can't let someone win, then reset it.

Leave a comment:

• Pauly
    replied

so is it safe to start talking about baseball around here yet? If it is, let me go on record that Ken haaaaates Trevor Bauer

Leave a comment:

• rhd
    replied
    Not moving forward in my league. We're doing a special, one-time redraft just for this year and next year, we're continuing like 2020 never happened.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Yup.

We're moving forward in all of my leagues.

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    so many possibilities.

you could allow players to be frozen for 2021 - but only if you don't freeze them for 2020, for example. lots of strategy there.

or, if this becomes difficult, you could compromise and allow, say, each owner to keep up to three players in 2021 at the same 2020 contract they were frozen at.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied
    Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    My league has decided to play, though some want to freeze contracts to get an extra year out of them we will not do that. Astrick year or not, we are gonna play it and crown a champ. This year will count like all others. What are others doing?

Leave a comment:

• Sour Masher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Judge Jude
    replied
    Bob Nightengale:

#MLB and the #MLBPA continue to exchange ideas with the health and safety protocols. There are no major snags. The union already informed MLB that it plans to play, and be in spring training camps by July 1 with a 60-game season starting July 24-26 weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X