Official *MLB Season Delayed* Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Really? You weren't saying that those with guns would have the advantage?
    Try and follow along.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I leave for a few days, and I see Hot Button Topics moved.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        I leave for a few days, and I see Hot Button Topics moved.
        And since the season is delayed, you gotta be here for more than Baseball now
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          And since the season is delayed, you gotta be here for more than Baseball now
          Figured I could take a few days off with the song draft done. And I’m far from a Bob Marley aficionado, so that’s out for me too.

I do have a 12-team mixed draft coming up where I think about 9 of the 12 will be in varying states of intoxication. I’ll post some results.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What about playing the season outside the United States, in a country not affected by the crisis?

There are sports being played in other countries as we speak (Turkey, for one).

If things calm down elsewhere, why not play there? Australia, New Zealand, Mexico....who knows.

They probably wouldn’t want to risk importing players in who could be contaminated, but as long as they test negative, it might be able to work.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              What about playing the season outside the United States, in a country not affected by the crisis?

There are sports being played in other countries as we speak (Turkey, for one).

If things calm down elsewhere, why not play there? Australia, New Zealand, Mexico....who knows.

They probably wouldn’t want to risk importing players in who could be contaminated, but as long as they test negative, it might be able to work.
              I'd be shocked if they could pull that off logistically.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                I'd be shocked if they could pull that off logistically.
                Yeah, that would be a very heavy lift. What country would that even be? This thing is going to spread everywhere? And how many countries have the stadiums and infrastructure to support such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  And how many countries have the stadiums and infrastructure to support such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Yeah, that would be a very heavy lift. What country would that even be? This thing is going to spread everywhere? And how many countries have the stadiums and infrastructure to support such a thing?
                    Mexico has had under 100 cases so far. Puerto Rico under 10. South American countries have also not had many cases — yet.

Comment

MLB is considering scrapping the draft this year.

Comment

Mexico has had under 100 cases so far. Puerto Rico under 10. South American countries have also not had many cases — yet.
                        Us like 2 weeks ago ?
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

reported

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The Japanese league has changed their start date from March 20 to April 10. It will be interesting to see if that date gets pushed further back and if they play in empty stadiums.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

reported
                              Hence the "yet."

I don't have much hope that the MLB season will be played, but if they do, Manfred & co. better have radical alternate options available, rather than waiting around to see what happens.

The Japanese league has changed their start date from March 20 to April 10. It will be interesting to see if that date gets pushed further back.
                              With this and the non-cancelling of the Olympics, they seem to be in some kind of denial about this, which is strange being that they're a very conservative country.

Comment

I have never advocated for confiscation of guns.
                                No, you are advocating stealing my stuff. My guns are what prevents people from stealing my stuff in the event that the police are not going to get to my house in time to prevent the thieves from stealing my stuff. If someone knocked on my door and asked for money or food, I would give it to them. If they tried to force their way in to take it...then not so much.

In your world of wealth distribution who is it that decides the split?

Comment

Working...
                                X