• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thome and Kubel both going to DL per Star Tribune

The Twins season actually can get worse. Good lord

Luke Hughes and Ben Revere will take their spots on the roster

Comment

Probably not the worst thing in the world to happen to them. It might force their hand to start the youth movement a little sooner that they're happy with. It's clear that the Tonsoni, Tolbert, Ploofle, brand of AAA player simply can't help at the major league level. Nor can the crappy relievers like Hoey and Burnett.

Keep Revere up and play him, let Slama pitch in middle relief for the rest of the year, call up Carlos Gutierriez as well. Let's see if these guys have anything going for them, or if it needs to be burned to the groung and rebuilt with a new group.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Last one out please turn out the lights

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Probably not the worst thing in the world to happen to them. It might force their hand to start the youth movement a little sooner that they're happy with. It's clear that the Tonsoni, Tolbert, Ploofle, brand of AAA player simply can't help at the major league level. Nor can the crappy relievers like Hoey and Burnett.

Keep Revere up and play him, let Slama pitch in middle relief for the rest of the year, call up Carlos Gutierriez as well. Let's see if these guys have anything going for them, or if it needs to be burned to the groung and rebuilt with a new group.
          I agree. This season is a total loss, and the Twins should be in fire sale mode early.

Capps, Cuddyer, Delmon... jettison all three. I would like to see them try and sign Kubel, but if they don't think that is possible, move him as well. Liriano and Pavano...see ya.

I like what Revere brings to the team.

I'd like to seem more of Hughes, as he could be a nice piece.

I'd also like to see Plouffe get a little more time. He seems to be able to hit, but he throws more like Brett Favre than Ozzie Smith.

As for pitching, please trade for some.
          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
          X