Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss

It looks to me like ERA is slowly reverting to pre-steroid levels. 3.40- 3.90 until the next big thing comes along whether that favors pitchers or hitters.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I'd just say that you also can't rule out the impact of the DH rule (1973) on the AL ERA, the fact that talent dilution due to either WWII or expansion impacts pitching more than hitting, and the impact of changing trends in ballpark design.

Comment

The fact the two leagues are much tougher to differentiate these days speaks to just how crappy the DH role is these days. Teams are spending big $$ on a role that is offering little return on investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          The fact the two leagues are much tougher to differentiate these days speaks to just how crappy the DH role is these days. Teams are spending big $$ on a role that is offering little return on investment.
          The convergence in performance is what immediately struck me as well Jason. What else besides a decline in DH production are the root causes in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            The convergence in performance is what immediately struck me as well Jason. What else besides a decline in DH production are the root causes in your opinion?
            Managers in the AL are being more creative. Joe Maddon has been doing it for years, but now you're seeing other managers really working the shift into play whereas the Rays were the only ones who used it to the extreme that they did and still do.

Comment

When did interleague start? Not sure if there are enough games each season to have an effect.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

1996 for Interleague (18 games a season)

Here's the full article

Comment

Working...
                X