Early Look at Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Look at Keepers

Declaration won't be for a month, but trade talk is starting up and trades execute after players are kept.

16 team H2H, Holds and OBA

C Carson Kelley
    1B Paul Goldschmidt
    2B Kevin Newman
    3B Yandy Diaz
    SS Adalberto Mondesi
    CI
    MI Amed Rosario
    OF Ronald Acuna
    OF Christian Yelich
    OF Victor Robles
    OF Luis Robert
    Util Garrett Hampson

SP Charlie Morton
    SP Shohei Ohtani
    SP Yu Darvish
    SP Lance Lynn
    RP
    RP
    RP
    P Andrew Heaney
    P
    P

BN Jo Adell
    BN Wander Franco
    BN Royce Lewis
    BN MacKenzie Gore

There are three required keepers, with an optional fourth. Acuna, Yelich, Goldschmidt and Darvish are out of options. Mondesi, Rosario, and Heaney are on their last option. Given the other pitching, I went with max SP.

I will get to add one player in the 100-150 range but the rest will come in the last third of the draft.

I have a nibble for Robles, basically VR for BLowe and Kirilloff. He also owns Kluber and says he is available.

Do I really need Kluber, or would he be insurance?
    If I do get Kluber, should I keep Matt Chapman over Darvish?
    Is Gore worth it on a three year contract? His option costs a 200-225 pick.

J
    Last edited by onejayhawk; 12-19-2019, 06:23 PM.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

What does this mean:

There are three required keepers, with an optional fourth.

Comment

There are three and an optional fourth unrestricted keeper slots. These can be used for any player. Most players have options based on their acquisition, which reduce four rounds per year. These are the players that I have to keep this way--Paul Goldschmidt, Matt Chapman, Jean Segura, Robbie Ray, Yu Darvish, Christian Yelich, Ronald Acuņa Jr., Roughned Odor. The closest choice is Chapman vs Darvish. Next year, the list will include Mondesi, Rosario, Heaney, and anyone I draft in the first four rounds.

For example, I acquired Ronald Acuna in 2016 as a WW pick up. Our rules slotted him as a 14th round pick in 2017, 10th round in 2018, 6th round last year. He has now exhausted his options and must be kept as one of the four keepers. I acquired Paul Goldschmidt the same way in 2011 and have had him since. In contrast, Luis Robert was drafted in the 29th round in 2016 and is now optioned as a 17th round pick.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That is a good looking team.

What kind of pitchers will be available at draft?

Also (and I am not saying I would) can you cut Goldy and get a first round pick (or whatever slot that would open up)? I assume some stars become available each year when options are over. Will any top starters be available?

Comment

I have the fifth slot. Goldschmidt is better than what will be available there. Last year it was Nelson Cruz, though Andrew McCutchen was available. Since I want pitching, I might hope for a Trevor Bauer, but Brandon Woodruff or Kirby Yates is more likely. None of those are Paul Goldschmidt level.

For the pick I do have, think Zack Wheeler or Zac Gallen. A top level RP is more likely, say Hand or Osuna. For position players, this about where Sano and Cano went last winter.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

You don’t NEED Kluber. He would be nice but probably too costly. Your others are good. Don’t love the Vr trade idea.

Comment

this seems kind of...... complicated.

if only someone would invent a simpler system that millions would enjoy - and be able to easily discuss with those in other, similar leagues

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X