Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A's - Tiger's Trade

Scott Sizemore to the A's for David Purcey Per MLBTraderumors

So the Tigers give up on a 26 year-old 'prospect' for a recently DFA'd player. Is there more to this???

:wtf:
    Last edited by Grinch; 05-27-2011, 03:45 PM.
    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Looks like Sizemore will be heading to AAA Sacramento, which already has 2B Jemile Weeks and 3B Adrian Cardenas in the infield. I guess Cardenas will play more LF, with Sizemore at 3B for now.

Comment

I traded for Sizemore about 2 hours ago in my AL only league, thinking he had regular pt in Detroit.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I like Sizemore, I think this will be a smart pickup by the As.

Comment

So who plays 2nd for the Tigers now? Guillen had yet ANOTHER setback in his rehab...oy.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

The other thing to consider is that the A's may have needed to release Purcey on Sunday when they activate Andrew Bailey. So they were probably looking for the best return possible, even if Sizemore doesn't fill a need. But I'm surprised that the Tigers think so little of Sizemore.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              So who plays 2nd for the Tigers now? Guillen had yet ANOTHER setback in his rehab...oy.
              Perhaps they'll recall Will Rhymes, who's at .296 with a .728 OPS at Toledo. Or Raburn. Or Santiago. Or...(not much there, is there?)
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

The Tigers recalled Danny Worth. I don't know whether they intend to have him play 2B full time or to share time there with Ryan Raburn.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  The Tigers recalled Danny Worth. I don't know whether they intend to have him play 2B full time or to share time there with Ryan Raburn.
                  worth a pick up?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

The Tigers may take a chance on Jose Lopez. I wouldn't, but after trading Sizemore for so little, it seems they're capable of anything!

Comment

Pun????
                      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                        Pun????
                        Not even a worthless one.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Raburn should see more time at second for the Tigers. That will allow Boesch and Dirks regular time on the OF. When Maggs comes back from the DL it will be a 3 guys for the 2 OF corner spots. Raburn has the most offensive upside of the 2B options but he is also the worst defensive option.
                          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Working...
                          X