Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster Posey: Broken Leg, Torn Ligaments

buh bye 2011

Looks like Belt is the call-up...in the OF this time?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Owner in our league with Posey also has numerous other injured players and is considering looking to next year. Assuming the following players are at keeper prices, is an offer of Sizemore, Pagan and Bumgarner too much for Lincecum. I have Rasmus, Bruce, Cruz, Torres, Gordon and Raj Davis in my OF now.

Comment

So who takes Posey's spot at catcher?

I need a decent starter....thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Bengie Molina? Wouldn't shock me. Not sure if he's in "shape" and ready to answer the phone or not.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Bengie Molina? Wouldn't shock me. Not sure if he's in "shape" and ready to answer the phone or not.
            Not sure if he's in shape enough to answer the phone...says the guy who makes his hippo avatar look svelte.
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post

Until they go out and get Bengie or somebody else, it'll be Eli Whiteside, but he's unlikely to be "decent" offensively.

Comment

Have now lost both Posey and Mauer from the same team this season.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Until they go out and get Bengie or somebody else, it'll be Eli Whiteside, but he's unlikely to be "decent" offensively.
                  Yeah. Chris Stewart recalled (threw up a little in my mouth). Giants are sure to be buyers for a catcher. Anyone else thing a deal for Pudge makes a ton of sense for them?

ETA: could also see Doumit as a target

Comment

Pirates have two $5 million dollar catchers in Doumit and Snyder. And it makes little sense for Pittsburgh to pay one of them that much money to ride the bench. If Pirates GM Neil Huntington is smart, he is already on the phone talking to the Giants.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ughh....Posey + De La Rosa + Johnson all in 1 week. Straw > Camel's back.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Pirates have two $5 million dollar catchers in Doumit and Snyder. And it makes little sense for Pittsburgh to pay one of them that much money to ride the bench. If Pirates GM Neil Huntington is smart, he is already on the phone talking to the Giants.
                        And if Huntington is smart, he'll deal Snyder. Of course, Sabean has seen plenty of Snyder from his Arizona days, so he'll want Doumit.

Other offhand possibilities--

Pudge
                        Brayan Pena
                        Ramon Castro
                        Jorge Posada (j/k)
                        Taylor Teagarden
                        Ramon Hernandez
                        Kelly Shoppach
                        Craig Tatum
                        J R Towles

Few of whom are any improvement.
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Wow, LOTS of articles are popping up lamenting the catcher-runner collision aspect of baseball. Personally, I don't feel that this is a bad part of baseball at all.

Any thoughts from the RJ faithful?
                          Sh!t happens. I don't remember anyone suggesting we ban all collisions at the plate when Francisco Cervelli got hurt in a pre-season game. Nobody said catchers have to do it. I don't hear anyone advocating we take away attempted breakups of double plays even though Swisher broke Nishioka's leg 2 months ago. It's just that this is the highest-profile guy to get hurt in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Wow, LOTS of articles are popping up lamenting the catcher-runner collision aspect of baseball. Personally, I don't feel that this is a bad part of baseball at all.

Any thoughts from the RJ faithful?
                            I think that a runner, whether sliding into 2b or trying to get to home plate, should be able to do what it takes to get to the bag. But so many injuries seem to occur at both places when the intent is not to get to the plate, but to try to break up the double play or try to knock the ball out of the catcher's glove, I would not be opposed to making it illegal for a player to focus on making contact with the defending player rather than making contact with the bag. That is/would be an admittedly difficult thing to determine, and would be highly subjective, but I think that is more in keeping with the spirit of the sport, which I do not think of as a contact sport.

Comment

very close, but not quite blocking the plate. Still not saying it wasnt a clean hit, but its not like Posey was sitting on the plate/line. He even tries to make the tag before he's hit which says to me expected Cousins to slide.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Working...
                              X