I need a catcher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a catcher.

Its a 20 team OBA league, using 2 Cs. My good C is John Jaso. My other guy is Paulino, who iss getting some PT as Thole struggles. This is a league I am having some success with, so plugging this hole would make a big difference.

Who else is looking to get more AB for the remainder of the season? How about June and July call ups to watch for?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

You're in luck with the news that Paulino should get a lot of starts going forward. I wouldn't hold my breath for any impact call-ups unless someone like Jesus Montero is magically unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      You're in luck with the news that Paulino should get a lot of starts going forward. I wouldn't hold my breath for any impact call-ups unless someone like Jesus Montero is magically unowned.
      Not luck. Its why I picked him up.

We have 45 Cs rostered. 3 are not currently in the ML, including Montero. At least 4 teams are leaving a DL C in the lineup.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Yeah, Paulino is probably about as good as you can expect. Look at the Rockies' situation if all 3 of those guys aren't already owned- maybe Rosario comes up soon?

Comment

Thole, and .281 OBA, just hit the WW.

The top names on the WW list are Jose Molina, Henry Blanco, Rob Johnson. There is a Rockies C, Jose Morales, but he is hitting .144 for May. What do you think of Bryan Pena?

Which Rosario?

J
          Last edited by onejayhawk; 05-23-2011, 10:12 PM.
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            Thole, and .281 OBA, just hit the WW.

The top names on the WW list are Jose Molina, Henry Blanco, Rob Johnson. There is a Rockies C, Jose Morales, but he is hitting .144 for May. What do you think of Bryan Pena?

Which Rosario?

J
            Wilin Rosario, Colorado's #2 prospect per Baseball America. Currently in his second year at AA Tulsa.

IMO you should avoid Johnson and Molina. I like Pena, but he doesn't get a lot of playing time. Blanco has power but may do some damage to your OBP.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Working...
            X