September expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September expansion

Does any of your Leagues do that? My AL only league expands by 2 come Saturday.

this is our 35th season of "add-a-player" as per the 1984 Rotisserie bible.

$5, contract is 25-S2. unusual feature is that you can't get rid of this guy if he sucks, or replace him if he gets hurt. you can't use the slot for a returning player, or any interaction with your 23-man roster. the cheese stands alone.

that what's so far offbeat given that originally, the only ways you could ship out an active underperformer was to make a trade OR use one of three waivers moves all season - oh, and you could only claim bums who were waived by your rivals, and be first in line.

also, a DL or minor-ed player could be replaced - but then you had to waive one of them upon the first guy's return, unless you had another opening. if so, the replacement was then "linked" to that guy. lather and repeat.

even our league has loosened the noose a little bit. but we stick to this "24th man" rule. it's amusing at times - like if it's a SP who gets getting hammered and keeps pitching.

Reed Johnson once cost me $100 because his Sept. AVG suckitude took me from T-4th to 6th place and out of the money.

then again, Pascual Perez once had a 7-0 September for me in 7 starts. the gold standard!

good times
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

My NL-only ultra league expands on 9/1. You can add as many as you can, and the salary cap disappears. So, contenders have been stockpiling bench bats and arms for two months for the opportunity to play them all tomorrow.

Comment

I mean to the active roster we already have a reserve roster we go from 24 active players to 26 active players .- add 2 UT spots.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          My NL-only ultra league expands on 9/1. You can add as many as you can, and the salary cap disappears. So, contenders have been stockpiling bench bats and arms for two months for the opportunity to play them all tomorrow.
          Exactly the same for us. In our NL only Ultra, We can go up and down from a 24 man active to 40 man active.

Comment

In my 14-team H2H we all got an extra bench spot today. I grabbed Villar for Castillo ahead of the frenzy. Stripling and Doolittle are due to come off the DL soon so one of them will fill my extra spot.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

We can add 3 players at a real cost of $25 each to the prize fund.

I am rebuilding in the NL so need.

All of my players that I could add in my battle for first in the AL only are injured or in the minors so no opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                In my 14-team H2H we all got an extra bench spot today. I grabbed Villar for Castillo ahead of the frenzy. Stripling and Doolittle are due to come off the DL soon so one of them will fill my extra spot.
                Don't they have to be an NA player?

Comment

Working...
                X