• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markakis
    Odor
    Kemp

Comment

More hits than misses this year, which I hope will lead me to back to back titles, but if I do fall short, it will be because I got too impatient with a few guys that I thought would be good, but then either traded for pennies on the dollar or flat out dropped, and kept two guys that turned out to be horrible. Namely, I'm regretting "selling high" on Markakis, flat out dropping Wheeler, and not acquiring Corbin in the preseason when I was sort of interested, but not enough to part with Shark, who ended up being tied for my worst keeper, tied with Jay Bruce. Both were hurt, so maybe they should not count, but they were horrible when healthy, so, I think they should.

Comment

Overestimated:
        - B Buxton
        - M Sano
        - L Giolito
        - D Jennings

Underestimated:
        - T Turner (thought he'd be good but not elite)
        - P Goldschmidt
        - R Hoskins
        - K Davis (had no idea he'd be this good - reminds me of Adam Dunn except for the lack of walks)

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Overestimated:
          - B Buxton
          - M Sano
          - L Giolito
          - D Jennings

Underestimated:
          - T Turner (thought he'd be good but not elite)
          - P Goldschmidt
          - R Hoskins
          - K Davis (had no idea he'd be this good - reminds me of Adam Dunn except for the lack of walks)
          Did Adam Dunn ever have a .255 ba?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Did Adam Dunn ever have a .255 ba?
            A few times, actually. And here's an odd fact - in six years, Khris Davis still has less total SBs than Adam Dunn had just in his age-22 season.

Dunno that rhd isn't more right in calling Turner good instead of elite. I'd say "very good", but he's not even hitting .270 and barely slugging over .400, so I'd not call him elite.
            Last edited by chancellor; 08-27-2018, 08:34 AM.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

KDavis has a 143 OPS+ (after 123 & 132 in 2016-17)

Dunn's best full-season OPS+s: 147 144 140 138 136 131
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Another one:

D Ackley - Folks rightly questioned the power and the defensive position but everyone thought he would be an elite hitter. He was never close to one.

Comment

I had a cheap Treinen end of 2017 and after he blew a few saves in his first week I traded him to make a run last year. Ended up I should have kept him, not only for his help after my 2017 trade that year, but obv he has turned into a top tier closer this year.

Comment

Sometimes you luck out on someone you underestimated but picked up anyway. This year that was Miguel Andujar. I proposed an AL-only league trade of Gausman for Deshields because I needed OF hitting, but the trade partner pushed back at me to expand the deal to give me Andujar for my Andrew Miller. I was so high on Miller and so sure that Andujar was going to fall off dramatically that I almost backed away from the deal. As it turns out, Andujar has been a huge upgrade for me and Deshields has done very little.

Comment

Got burned by high upside youngsters who weren’t ready: Brinson, Kingery, Amed Rosario

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                        Got burned by high upside youngsters who weren’t ready: Brinson, Kingery, Amed Rosario
                        At least Amed is showing some signs of life this month.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                        X