Players Weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Players Weekend...

An interesting concept with different unis and the players chosen nickname on the jersey.

Except Joe Mauer, who cleverly has "Mauer" on his jersey...thanks Buzz Killington.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

deGrom went with "deGrom"

I was watching a little of the NYY-BAL game, and most of the nicknames were not helpful - and the announcers didn't seem to grasp that maybe this weekend they DO need to tell you who is pitching and who is batting.

if it attracts youngsters, it may be a good idea - even if I don't get it.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      deGrom went with "deGrom"

I was watching a little of the NYY-BAL game, and most of the nicknames were not helpful - and the announcers didn't seem to grasp that maybe this weekend they DO need to tell you who is pitching and who is batting.

if it attracts youngsters, it may be a good idea - even if I don't get it.
      On the Twins broadcast, they'd put the players name, his season stats, and then his nickname on the screen. So you had to pay attention when someone came up to bat, because as you alluded to, some of the nicknames were NOT apparent. Some Twins reliever last name of Drake (don't ask, I have no idea who he is) had "Bucko" on his jersey...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Not a fan of any of the alternate uniforms. Green for St. Patricks day, pink for Mother's Day & Breast Cancer Awareness, camouflage for Memorial Day, powder blue for Fathers Day, red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July, nicknames on the backs of jerseys, etc. It's all for the purpose of giving MLB more merchandise to sell and putting more money in the owners pockets. I'm waiting for the day when a player puts "Trade Me" on the back of his jersey lol.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

a NJ Nets player once put "TRADE ME" on his sneakertops!
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

If a player does not return the nickname form to MLB, they get their last name on their jersey.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Hunter Pence has "Underpants" on his jersey
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                If a player does not return the nickname form to MLB, they get their last name on their jersey.
                I think "Seitzer" would look good on yours.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I think "Seitzer" would look good on yours.
                  "Spreadsheet" would be better
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                  X