ASB - How you doin????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frae View Post
    It's been 3 weeks and 2 of the leagues have really had the points push up to the leaders and the third has had the second tier group gain points.

12to NL Only I have moved up 101 in 1st 2nnd 97 3rd 93 4th 85.5 . I am almost maxed out, definitely could get 3 more could stretch to 6 if things go really well. I have been a mess in this league for probably 4 years or more so it has been nice to see it hang together. I can't see myself being lower than 3rd.

RJEL 18 team mix - Rick and I contnue to be at a similar position, but doig has pushed up a lot higher. 1st 156.5 2nd 149 3rd 137 - Lots of moving part points here. Rick was ahead i think for at least one day just the other week and at like 158 so this is close in a lot of places. Doig has made a big push I would be surprised if he had another 20 in him if I hold at 156.5. If I can hang on and win I'd be the first 3 time winner of this league and Rick is looking to join the two time winner group.

PONY 15 team mixed - I moved up to first which is just a terrible tease as I have a history of finding ways to get close but not win this league. I think we have sort of widdled it down to 4 guys that can win. There are lots of points in play and I would not be surprised to finish anywhere from 1st -4th. As of today 1st 111.5 2nd 107 3rd 104.5 4th 98. 5th is 92 and 6th is 90.5 and since Wayne flys in just to draft with us he is 7th with 86.5.

I don't remember being in 3 races so tight before where I had to analyze so many points, usually at least one league is a run away, but all 4 leagues I am in have people all sweating points. Good luck to everyone, it is going to be a crazy finish.
    Nice job. What a fun and exciting season.

Comment

In my AL only 12 teamer 5x5. I am in second place. Six points out of first.

It looks like I have a realistic shot at picking up 4 points without 1st place losing any.

Now the weird thing; 1st place is tied for 5th in wins (54) might fall 4.5 points. Only 4 wins separate 6 teams.

Comment

Injuries have derailed my team as of late: Altuve, McCullers, Stripling, Kinsler
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

NL 5x5 10 teams. I'm in 2nd place at 78 2 points out of first and 1 point ahead of 3rd. I have categories I can pick points up 1 point in BA, 1-2 points in HR, 1 in Runs, 1 in K and one in SV. 1st and 3rd place teams have areas they also could move up or down and I expect this race to be tight to the end.

12TO think team is in 8th place haven't looked lately. Have made some trades for the future. It was a terrible team I took over but is in a better condition going into next season.

Comment

This stress is killing me. I am up to 116 points in PONY with a 6, 6.5, and 12 point lead. That said it is the softest 6 point lead ever. I feel like a poll that Nate Silver will keep saying is within the margin of error. I have never stressed over pitching lineup decisions like this. I sat Chris Sale the week he was on the DL and might come off on the weekend. Of course he comes off and K's 12. I started him last week when he wasn't on the DL and never got a single start from his before he went back on the DL. Grrr. This week I stared at my lineup for hour deciding how much risk to go with at SP vs a MR. Debated Musgrove and Lynn or Betances for one. Settled on Lynn and Betances. So many chances to screw this up still.

12TO is moving away from me, down 4 points and probably can only really squeeze out 2 more to get 103. I don't love my chances unless the other team comes back a bit.

RJEL is a 2 team race for 1st. I am at 159 and Rick is at 156. 3rd and 4th are 25 back. He is in first in every offensive category. I am in 2nd in every offensive category except steals where I am below avg. I am near the top in all the pitching categories but he has room to gain if his pitching stays hot. It should be painfully close, the only good news is I don't have a lot of hard lineup choices here since it is 18 teams my bench options aren't great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              In my AL only 12 teamer 5x5. I am in second place. Six points out of first.

It looks like I have a realistic shot at picking up 4 points without 1st place losing any.

Now the weird thing; 1st place is tied for 5th in wins (54) might fall 4.5 points. Only 4 wins separate 6 teams.
              Two nights ago I moved into first place by 1 point. I do not believe it sustainable as Bauer, McCullers. and Mejia are all hurt. No more trading, no more FAAB $$ left. Just trying to cost over the finish line.

Comment

I really think the fantasy gods are just messing with me. NO reports of Abreu or Upton being hurt. Both go on the DL Tuesday after all my backups have already played a game and I am stuck with dead spots in my lineup all week. Then Chapman has his knee flare up. So I now have Upton, Sale, and Abreu all on the DL and Chapman hurt. You are killing me.

Comment

I really think the fantasy gods are just messing with me. NO reports of Abreu or Upton being hurt. Both go on the DL Tuesday after all my backups have already played a game and I am stuck with dead spots in my lineup all week. Then Chapman has his knee flare up. So I now have Upton, Sale, and Abreu all on the DL and Chapman hurt. You are killing me.
                  Yeah, I know ... I had a nice fantasy (pun intended) of catching you guys in RJEL, but losing Bauer, Didi, and Abreu kind of quashed those (it wasn't really realistic anyway, but it was nice to play around with).
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The fantasy gods mess with everybody!!!!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

update--

15 team mixed keeper league - 2nd place, trailing by 2. I've got a shot
                      12 team AL only - 2nd place trailing by 24. No chance at the title, fighting to hold off 3rd
                      15 team mixed no trades auction - 2nd, trailing by 11. I was leading this league most of the season but had a horrible last couple weeks. Pitching hit the fan between ineffectiveness and injury - Lester/Sale/Quintana all to blame.
                      15 team mixed no trades draft - 7th, trailing by 30. No chance in this league.
                      Notrades combined - 5th place, trailing 2nd place by 16 points, since this is combined across 2 leagues getting to 2nd is certainly doable.
                      NFBC - 3rd place in our league, in the money. 11 points behind 2nd place, 12 points above 4th. Probably going to end the season in 3rd. Which is great considering we were in 7th or 8th most of the season. 757/2670 in the overall draft standings, I consider this a good first year in NFBC, I'll be playing next year for sure.
                      Home league h2h, 6th place. I look at this league probably once a month at most, it's a free home friends league and the top 6 spots go to the playoffs in h2h format so winning in the regular season means nothing.

Overall I'm well into the positives (2-3x entry fees), however I'm currently not winning any leagues this year. It will likely be the first time I've ever placed top 3 in 5 different leagues in one season. It may also be the first time in a decade that I don't win at least one league.

Comment

My team has taken control of 1st now up by 8 points over 2 teams tied for 2nd. My team has mostly been in 3rd place for most of the year but with the trades, FAAB and my young guns Acune, Soto and Buehler firing on all 8 cylinders. Still it is close as many of the categories can change quickly. One of the areas that I concentrated on was going after every point I can get or keep. A while back I traded Kemp $8 and Conforto $16 and got Cain $24 back. My reasoning was Kemp would go down in his production which he did dropping 30-40 points in BA. Conforto even though he is doing better his BA was a drag and he is a Met. Cain I saw as helping on my BA and gives me SB. I gained 3 points in BA and 3 points in SB. Anyways hoping to have a good finish and capture my 3rd championship and first since 09.

Comment

For the first time, I am in a race in a 20 team league. I'm at 151/200 and he's are 152.5. Back in early July, he was at 170 and I was at 139. Both of us are very short on moves (me 4, him 3).

In my keeper league I'm rebuilding, but some of the players are starting to rock--Acuna, Chapman, Rosario, Flaherty. It's ruining my draft standing.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                          X