ASB - How you doin????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASB - How you doin????

So it's break time. How about an update on how your team is doing, etc.

14 team....mixed....5x5 (Mag7 and madducks are in the league with me)

I am in 5th place 24.5 out of 1st and 9.5 out of the money (pay top 4).

36.5 in hitting points
    48.0 in pitching points

Weakest categories are BA, HR and RBI. Also K's, but I am behind in IP (we have 1500 IP limit) and will make up ground provided I get the IP.

My squad:

C- Stassi
    1b - Olson
    2b - Altuve
    3b - Escobar
    SS - Simmons
    OF - JD Martinez, Stanton, Carlos Santana, Inciarte
    Util - Bird, Schoop
    Bench - Kike, Pearce
    DL - R. Zimmerman

SP - DeGrom, Kershaw, Thor, Stripling, McCullers, Cahill
    RP - Hand, S. Greene, Boxberger, Dav Robertson
    DL - Wacha, Ervin

Thoughts on my chances with this squad?

Thanks.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

4th place in a race of
    93 to 87 to 81 to 78 and then 68.5 on down

my main guys are Rizzo 42, Kershaw 42, Rizzo 41, Pham 10, and Fowler (recent trade add)

if you can let me know how those 5 will fare in the second half, no "spoiler alert" tag needed. I'm curious
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Disaster in my AL only auction league, at 8th. Pitching completely train wrecked - Price and Junis as SPs have been bad to very bad, Andrew Miller and Juan Nicasio have been injured and/or very bad, and I had Brach, Kenyon Middleton and Osuna at closer. Got a great deal to trade Brach...followed almost immediately by Middleton getting hurt and Osuna getting suspended. Doh!

My two fun 12-team mixed leagues have already split with the top 3 running away with the league and any of the top 3 able to win. I'm in second in one, third in the other. The league I'm third in looks like my best shot for a win. The other's been a lot of smoke and mirrors (lucky streaming pitching picks and so on).

Leading my competitive mixed league by a solid margin. Barring a series of unfortunate events, that'll be a win.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Currently in a 6 way scramble for 2nd place. NL only 10 team.

Feels like I have many players that should produce better down the stretch.

Votto
        Kingery
        Polanco
        Acuna
        Conforto
        L. Castillo
        DeGrom for wins

Comment

It was the best of teams, it was the worst of teams...

I'm 1st of 11 in my RJ Blum Apricot Potroast League (AL only), sitting on 88.5 points with the next teams at 83 and 78.

I've got 52 out of 55 possible points on the pitching side, thanks to a starting rotation of Kluber, Snell, Happ and Heaney plus playing the best weekly matchups from Eovaldi, German and Shields, and then on saves I'm anchored by Chapman with support from Ryan Tepera, Joe Jimenez and recently acquired Lou Trivino.

My hitting has been good but less dominant, with 37.5 out of 55 points, with RBI and HR my best categories. The hitting has been led by Jose Ramirez, with strong support from Mazara, Choo, Nellie Cruz, Andujar, Piscotty, Alonso and then Deshields, Y.Sanchez and either Kiermaier or L.Garcia for additional SB support.

In my 11-team NL-only league, I'm in last place with 36.5 points, a full 12 points behind the second-to-last-place team. My big purchases have been performance and/or injury busts (Rizzo and Myers on the hitting side, Darvish, Quintana and Samardzija on the pitching side), and while I've made some decent FA acquisitions (Moran, Villanueva, Adams, Barraclough) and a good trade (got Taillon for Gyorko), it hasn't been nearly enough. I'm hoping to make a push for that league's second-half prize, which goes to the team outside of the money finishers who climbs the most points following the ASB.

Comment

Somehow, despite four starting pitchers on the DL or demoted for suckitude, and my closer missing a quarter of the season, and my best hitter missing a third of the season, and various other hitters rotting on the DL for weeks at a time, and Fowler/Conforto/Altherr/Panik/KMarte/ARosario having black hole first halfs, I'm only 12 points back of the lead. With the trades I just made, I still see a path to victory from 6th place.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

My NL team was hit by a blizzard of injuries. Disappointing but hanging in (anywhere between 3rd and 7th in the past week).

My AL team was a rebuild and still is, but I have managed to climb to 7th place despite the rebuild. Pretty happy about that.

Comment

12-team mixed in dead-last by a large margin, but I've managed to acquire Soto, Gleyber, and Eloy in trades so I should be pretty set for next year.

16-team mixed sim league I'm 61-40 and 5 games up in my division. (ironfist, Fresno, and heye are also members)
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I have one league that is played the season split into two halves with separate payoffs. I finished second and made a fair amount of coin for the first half.

I have a 19 point league in one of my local leagues. I am in 7th in the other and I will be selling very shortly.

My 4th league I am in second and it appears to be a 2 horse race.
                  Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                  Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

NL-Only 10 team - in 8th place, have already dumped so basically just trying to push some of my remaining "assets" onto some people to try and get some better future value.

NL-Only 12 team - currently in 4th place, 2 points up on 5th and 11 points out of 3rd, 20 points out of 2nd and 25 points out of first. First is basically untouchable - he has Kershaw, Scherzer, Bumgarner, AND Syndergaard. Seriously, he has all 4 of them (of course, he has Hendricks and Lester too because why not?). And his pitching is worse than his hitting as his hitting is only 2 points away from a perfect 60 points. Basically trying to chase down the 2nd place team as we have a dynasty prize for best four year finish and I'm tied with him. It's still possible.

Comment

PONY (15-team mixed)--7th. Good hitting, including 1st in BA; bad pitching, including last in ERA. Not hopelessly out of the money spots, but realistically trying to build for next year. Injuries to Wil Myers ($32), suckage and injuries for Marcus Stroman ($14), and suspension for Jorge Polanco ($23) right after the auction haven't helped.

RJEL (18-team mixed)--11th, have been as high as 8th. Right about where I thought I'd be this year. Some good free agent pickups. Blew $23 on Giles. Hitting below average other than SB; big in wins and really bad in ERA/WHIP.

MSGL (12-team AL)--Ugh. 11th, just got out of the cellar. Blew $21 on Kipnis, $47 on Donaldson, and $27 on Giles. Pitching injuries galore. Last in ERA/WHIP (again) and SB. I knew this was going to be a bad year for me in this league, but it's worse than I thought. Queen's "Death on Two Legs" is playing right now, which aptly describes this team.

12TO (12-team NL)--Tied for 4th, one point ahead of 6th. Top half finish almost assured, could move up with luck and skill (of which I have little). No egregiously bad purchases, although some haven't lived up to expectations (Inciarte $30). Spent a ton on Goldschmidt again and felt like a darned fool for over two months. Lots of guys who are decent and healthy. Tops in Ks, near the top in the categories that are my worst elsewhere. Need a little more power and saves. No really bad categories. Kicking myself for only extending Nola and Syndergaard one year (to 2019).
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

2nd in the 20 team league, rebuilding in the keeper league, in the playoff hunt in the H2H league.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

AL Only 4x4, Roto, Std cats

Team has 80pts out of a possible 80pts.
                          2nd place team has 50.

This is documented on my draft post, but this is the most ridiculous team I've ever seen (roster in signature line). I've been running at 80 pts since the beginning of May. I just marvel at how preposterous that is. This league has been around for 24 years and no team has come close at any point in the season. I won the league last year with 64pts, which is fairly typical. The game-within-the game for the past several weeks has been to see just how long this "perfect score" gravy train can last. To have it at the 60% mark is just astounding to me.

I've been relatively healthy and issue free, outside of a few guys getting DL rest at the break. Knock on wood.
                          One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Well things have held up pretty well from my last update, but we will see...

RJEL 18 team mixed 1st place - 156.5, 2nd is 152.5 3rd 135.5. I will be surprised if anyone else gets back into it for first, but Rick had a better team than me going into the year and has closed the game to 4 points again. I am killing it in pitching (DeGrom, Severino, Paxton, McCullers, Paxton, Haap). The question will be how many offensive points do I hold and how many pitching points he can gain. Should be fun.

12TO 12 team NL Only - 1st tied - 95 - 95 3rd 86 tied 4th 81 81 6th 80 - So 6 teams within 15 points of first. I like my team a lot and we are an active roster cap league and I have made some moves to have depth and options to play with my lineup. In RJEL I know I am in the money, but here I'd say anything can happen.

PONY 15 team mixed 3rd 101.5 . 1st is 115 2nd 108. The league I have never won, I have been in the money 3 of the last 4 years including a heartbreaking tie for first where I finished 2nd on tiebreaks. Not sure I can get to 115 if 1st doesn't backup to something closer to 110.

MSGL 12 team AL Only 7th - I am doing a soft rebuild. I am in 2nd in the 3 year chase going into this year and things didn't come together but I need to hold onto a point total in the 70's and I should finish 2nd in the 3 year. This is a crazy race for 2nd - 4th. 1st is 102, 2nd 84, tied for 3rd 82 82, 82 6th 79 and then me at 76.5. I might have been able to sell everything off and get in the money but I couldn't win and I traded away some pieces to get a $5 yr 2 Gary Sanchez a $5 yr 1 Yoan Moncada and rebuilt my farm with AJ Puk and Brendan McKay so far. I may make a few ore small moves we will see.

Overall 2 good chances to win and 3 chances for in the money with a chance to get money from the AL for the 3 year is a good year. Lots of time left for it to fall apart, but I am happy where I am at today.

Comment

It's been 3 weeks and 2 of the leagues have really had the points push up to the leaders and the third has had the second tier group gain points.

12to NL Only I have moved up 101 in 1st 2nnd 97 3rd 93 4th 85.5 . I am almost maxed out, definitely could get 3 more could stretch to 6 if things go really well. I have been a mess in this league for probably 4 years or more so it has been nice to see it hang together. I can't see myself being lower than 3rd.

RJEL 18 team mix - Rick and I contnue to be at a similar position, but doig has pushed up a lot higher. 1st 156.5 2nd 149 3rd 137 - Lots of moving part points here. Rick was ahead i think for at least one day just the other week and at like 158 so this is close in a lot of places. Doig has made a big push I would be surprised if he had another 20 in him if I hold at 156.5. If I can hang on and win I'd be the first 3 time winner of this league and Rick is looking to join the two time winner group.

PONY 15 team mixed - I moved up to first which is just a terrible tease as I have a history of finding ways to get close but not win this league. I think we have sort of widdled it down to 4 guys that can win. There are lots of points in play and I would not be surprised to finish anywhere from 1st -4th. As of today 1st 111.5 2nd 107 3rd 104.5 4th 98. 5th is 92 and 6th is 90.5 and since Wayne flys in just to draft with us he is 7th with 86.5.

I don't remember being in 3 races so tight before where I had to analyze so many points, usually at least one league is a run away, but all 4 leagues I am in have people all sweating points. Good luck to everyone, it is going to be a crazy finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X