League parity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League parity

Currently, top 8 teams are separated by 6.5 points, pretty wild.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Current standings:

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Comment

pretty good

we have
      83 (me)
      67.5 (last money spot)
      66 (1st pick in 2019 farm draft)
      39 (7th pick in farm draft)

very few dump trades so far, as top 8 are in the money mix and 3 others may be able to move up in the farm draft. even the last-place guy has a cheap Bumgarner so he may rally a couple of spots if he hangs in there.
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Wow...that's amazing. I'm in two leagues where six teams are separated by less than ten points, and the top team is vulnerable in both. Eight teams that tight is incredible.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

in my 12-team mixed, I'm 21 points ahead of second, but 2nd-7th are 79, 78, 74.5, 74, 74, 73. And somehow there's still no trading. Works for me, I suppose.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

In my 15-team keeper, the first place team has run away with it, but this is 2nd through 7th:

I’m the team with 100.5.

Comment

- Terence McKenna

Comment

None of the top 4 have ever won.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

None of the top 4 have ever won.
                  that is an AWESOME tidbit

we seem to have a runaway winner this year, and this will be a first in about 20 tries.

I won the first year of our league in 1984, and I buy the first-time winner lunch or dinner in the offseason as I also present the check.

all of our owners date back at least 15 years, and even with this breakthrough I hope the other 4 who have never won in about 100+ years of league experience run the table in 2019-2022.

I felt the same about the Cubs, Cavaliers, and Eagles. why not?

that said, I mentioned in the preseason to this owner who I dealt a dirt-cheap Bueller, Acuna, and Albies last year (!) that I would love to see him win but I would not yield. I made some "for now" deals, but I just didn't have it.

I always loved the hunting line of "the tougher the prey, the sweeter the kill."

I promised him that as long as I had a chance, I'd go after him. Respect.
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                  X