Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeze List due in 24 hours

Happy Opening Day, everyone!!

Our freeze list is due tomorrow in our NL only 5x5 12 team league. Am considering some eleventh hour trades that would impact it. Thanks for your input. We keep max 7 and up to 3 minor leaguers.

My likely 7 keepers:
    Corey Seager $8/option (extend to 13 or 18?)
    Ozzie Albies $8
    Justin Turner $6/final
    Jose Martinez $2
    Zack Greinke $18
    Felipe Rivero $1
    Either Luis Castillo $10 or Jesse Winker $8

I also have Juan Soto (minor league keeper; $8/year 1 when activated)

1) Castillo or Winker?
    2) Possible deal 1: Give Winker & Soto, get Javier Baez $13/option year.
    3) Possible deal 2: Give Seager and something (maybe Castillo), get Kris Bryant $18 (two year contract)

Reactions? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Sharky; 03-29-2018, 09:22 AM.

1) Castillo or Winker?
    2) Possible deal 1: Give Winker & Soto, get Javier Baez $13/option year.
    3) Possible deal 2: Give Seager and something (maybe Castillo), get Kris Bryant $18 (two year contract)

I really like Castillo. So Castillo, no, and yes only if it's not Castillo.

Comment

1) CASTILLO!

2) No, simply because I don't see anyone you'd replace with a $13 Baez. Which is scary good. In terms of your team, if you had room, I'd make the deal. But you don't have room.

3) I agree with JC. Seager and Winker? Sure. Seager and Soto? Sure. Seager and Castillo? Pass.

If you don't deal Seager, I'd extend a year to $13. I think you have a great keeper list and should be in win-now mode, and you can put the extra $5 to good use.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        1) CASTILLO!

2) No, simply because I don't see anyone you'd replace with a $13 Baez. Which is scary good. In terms of your team, if you had room, I'd make the deal. But you don't have room.

3) I agree with JC. Seager and Winker? Sure. Seager and Soto? Sure. Seager and Castillo? Pass.

If you don't deal Seager, I'd extend a year to $13. I think you have a great keeper list and should be in win-now mode, and you can put the extra $5 to good use.
        Agree with Chance.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          Agree with Chance.
          Thanks guys. I might be able to get Bryant for Seager plus Winker. But the dropoff at SS is going to be huge and makes me nervous. I think the next best guy is probably Asdrubal Cabrera, as everyone will be kept.

Comment

Apparently I could flip Castillo $10 for Strasburg $28. Everyone here seems to like Castillo. But isn’t this worth considering?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Apparently I could flip Castillo $10 for Strasburg $28. Everyone here seems to like Castillo. But isn’t this worth considering?
              I never have played an Only-league and I tend to want the studs, given that then I would probably do that deal.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It's a legit deal worth considering. I would not do it - Castillo's stuff, peripherals, K rate, and even makeup just scream "Long Term Keeper!!" to me. But Stras is the proven commodity, plays on a better team, in a better pitchers park. And you have great keepers. If you're willing to spend the $18 to buy down risk and give up the keeper potential in Castillo, you pretty much know what you'll get from Stras. And it'll be very good to excellent.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I would trade Castillo for Strasburg, but few would agree

guy in my league kept Seager 5-O rather than 10-L2/15-L1 option. says he fears longterm injury (?)
                  I'd go to 13
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think it depends on inflation. I'd put Castillo in the 16-18 range without inflation, and Stras in the 28-30 range. So if inflation is high and you want to lock in a stud, I'd think about it. But I like Castillo a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      I think it depends on inflation. I'd put Castillo in the 16-18 range without inflation, and Stras in the 28-30 range. So if inflation is high and you want to lock in a stud, I'd think about it. But I like Castillo a lot.
                      Inflation usually 20-25%. Higher for top stars. This is such a tough call for me. Agreed on pricing. That’s what they cost at LABR.

I suspect that very few top SP will be available at auction. Everyone likely kept except Kershaw (unless he is kept at $50), Scherzer (contract expired), and maybe DeGrom (if he’s not kept at $33).

Does that change your thinking either way?

Comment

Stras for me.

Comment

Hmm...tough call.

What kind of pitcher can you get for $15 bucks? Stas 28 plus $15??

Or Castillo $10 plus deGrom $33 for the same $43 I might be tempted to stand pat. It would depend on who I thought I could get for that $15 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Hmm...tough call.

What kind of pitcher can you get for $15 bucks? Stas 28 plus $15??

Or Castillo $10 plus deGrom $33 for the same $43 I might be tempted to stand pat. It would depend on who I thought I could get for that $15 bucks.
                            Not sure about $15, but if I keep Castillo I could put the $18 savings toward a DeGrom/Kershaw level pitcher — or a hitter a Dexter Fowler/David Peralta instead of a bench bat like Albert Almora.
                            Last edited by Sharky; 03-29-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Not sure about $15, but if I keep Castillo I could put the $18 savings toward a DeGrom/Kershaw level pitcher — or a hitter a Dexter Fowler/David Peralta instead of instead of a bench bat like Albert Almora.
                              That is what I was getting at. Except if I kept Castillo I would not consider anything but putting that money towards on of the stud pitchers. If I wasn't committed to doing that I would make the trade for Stras.

Comment

Working...
                              X