2018 - Baseball season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 - Baseball season

Baseball can NOT start properly - the REDS will not be playing on opening day - I remember when the Reds were the only opening day game

Thursday's season-opener between the Nationals and Reds has been postponed due to rainy conditions in Cincinnati.

The forecast for Thursday looks ugly around Great American Ball Park, so the Reds went ahead and called this one early. It'll be made up Friday, which would have otherwise been an off day for both clubs. Max Scherzer is still lined up to face off against Homer Bailey, with a 4:10 p.m. ET first pitch.

I guess the parade will be postponed also. Some year I want to make it for that.

Comment

Since it's Max Scherzer against Homer Bailey, I think the reason for the postponement is so the GABP can bring in more beer. A lot more beer.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

well for everyone outside of Cincinnati, happy opening day! time begins again (with real boxscores)!
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

High of 44 and 90% chance of rain in Detroit today. As a metaphor for both the Pirates and Tigers prospects this year, it works well, but as baseball weather, not so much.

Comment

And there we go. Add Pittsburgh and Detroit to the places not having Opening Day.

DETROIT, Mich. – An earlier start to the baseball season is not fooling Mother Nature. The Detroit Tigers home opener for this afternoon has been postponed due to the weather. It has been rescheduled to Friday afternoon at 1:10 p.m. Anyone with paid tickets for today’s game can use them tomorrow or

Comment

Working...
            X