11-team NL only HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-team NL only HDID

It's a redraft league with OBP instead of AVG, only one catcher slot, one IF slot (instead of CI and MI), and 8 pitchers. Weekly transactions. No bench, but unlimited IR slots, so I'll be able to reserve Turner and Samardzija and acquire free agents through transactions tonight.

C Alex Avila 1
    1B Anthony Rizzo 36
    2B Austin Barnes 2
    3B Justin Turner 15
    SS Jordy Mercer 1
    OF Andrew McCutchen 25
    OF Domingo Santana 24
    OF Ian Desmond 14
    OF David Peralta 10
    OF Adam Frazier 3
    IF Wil Myers 35
    U Jedd Gyorko 2

P Jose Quintana 27
    P Yu Darvish 32
    P Felipe Rivero 12
    P Jeff Samardzija 13
    P Brad Ziegler 5
    P Wilmer Font 1
    P Joe Musgrove 1
    P Ryan Madson 1

Solid up and down. The few nits: Barnes at 2B. I don’t like Desmond, but at that price it’s reasonable. And I don’t believe in the Shark (I know, blasphemy given my avatar here). But very balanced.

Man, haven’t seen you post here in ages. How are things?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Solid up and down. The few nits: Barnes at 2B. I don’t like Desmond, but at that price it’s reasonable. And I don’t believe in the Shark (I know, blasphemy given my avatar here). But very balanced.

Man, haven’t seen you post here in ages. How are things?
      Things are good, thanks! I came back about a month ago after about three or four years away, but have mostly been hanging out in the Sports Bar. Now that the season's starting and I'm back to having both an NL and an AL league (after the past several years of just NL), I'll probably post more up here in the baseball forums too.

I agree with you that Barnes is kind of "wasted" at 2B. There are decent corners left, so whomever I pick up to replace Turner for injury may stick on my roster when Turner returns. Myers will qualify at OF by then, so I will be able to shift Adam Frazier to 2B and drop or trade one of Avila or Barnes.

I'm also nervous about Desmond (and to a lesser extent, Santana) given the competition for their spots.

Comment

Feels a little too light on the scrubs for only one extra IF slot. Definitely upgrading Barnes and Mercer and Frazier should be a priority if you can. Really like the pitching staff though. Ratios should be outstanding, even if W and K are a bit light. Turner could end up being a nice buy at that price. Maybe Sharky too.

Comment

Going to need some help in speed, if there's a one dimensional speed guy available it would be worth a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Going to need some help in speed, if there's a one dimensional speed guy available it would be worth a good look.
            Indeed. I thought speed was super overpriced (e.g., Turner 45, Hamilton 30, Marte 30, Villar 17, Pollock 28, Margot 18), and I probably overpaid a bit for Myers to get some after those speedsters were off the board, but it's probably not nearly enough. Jankowski is available so I could pick him up in J.Turner's slot (moving Gyorko to 3B), but I don't know if he'll get enough chances as the 5th OF behind Myers, Margot, Pirela and Renfroe. What do you think?

Comment

A guy like Maybin would be great for this team.

Agree with others on Barnes. I would try and trade him or Avila and then move Gyorko to 2B. I also think this team will be light on saves. I would try and trade Zigs while he still has any value at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                A guy like Maybin would be great for this team.

Agree with others on Barnes. I would try and trade him or Avila and then move Gyorko to 2B. I also think this team will be light on saves. I would try and trade Zigs while he still has any value at all.
                Someone else put Barnes out at $1 and I took him at $2 thinking I'd grab a $1 2B rather than a $1 C, but then Avila looked like the best available player at C or 2B at the end of the draft.

Gyorko is 3B only in my league (need 20 games previous season or 5 games in season to qualify). But Frazier is 2B eligible, so I can still trade Barnes or Avila.

Maybin went for $9, so I doubt I'll get him for Avila, Barnes or Frazier. Maybe I could get him for Ziegler, but then I'd be lighter on saves. Given the league size, though, I should be fine in saves with 1.5 closers, so my instinct was to bank a month or two of Ziegler saves while I can.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                  Indeed. I thought speed was super overpriced (e.g., Turner 45, Hamilton 30, Marte 30, Villar 17, Pollock 28, Margot 18), and I probably overpaid a bit for Myers to get some after those speedsters were off the board, but it's probably not nearly enough. Jankowski is available so I could pick him up in J.Turner's slot (moving Gyorko to 3B), but I don't know if he'll get enough chances as the 5th OF behind Myers, Margot, Pirela and Renfroe. What do you think?
                  Yes to Jankowski....that would be a great pickup for you. He's a legit 20SB guy, probably by far your best bet in available players.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Yes to Jankowski....that would be a great pickup for you. He's a legit 20SB guy, probably by far your best bet in available players.
                    Better than Colin Moran or Wilmer Flores? (Because we only roster 12 hitters and 8 pitchers we have more regulars available than in most "only" leagues, mostly at IF, since we still have 5 OF slots.)

Comment

Moran is on the wire? I'd grab him in a heartbeat and figure out speed later (hell, you can always tank steals is you have to), way too much upside not to give him a shot.

Comment

Yeah...Jankowski is nothing more than a pinch runner who plays maybe once a week. Not a good target.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          Better than Colin Moran or Wilmer Flores? (Because we only roster 12 hitters and 8 pitchers we have more regulars available than in most "only" leagues, mostly at IF, since we still have 5 OF slots.)
                          No. Flores and Moran are better. I don't see Jankowski playing enough to have in impact. He didn't even get drafted in my 12 team NL only.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Moran and Flores are going to get lots of playing time, I didn't realize you had that kind of talent still available. Jankowski is strictly for speed, but ya take one of those over him for sure.

Comment

Jankowski just got sent to AAA. Non-factor all the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X