No announcement yet.

Phillies-why didnt you wait on Kingery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillies-why didnt you wait on Kingery?

Kingery’s promotion caught me flat footed. I had him on my minor league roster and now he must be placed on my major league keeper list. This requires a drop. My league is 10 team 5x5 NL only with a 280 cap and 15/10 offense to pitching.

Candidates to drop from my keeper list

Chase Anderson $5 year 2
    Archie Bradley $2 year 2
    Realmuto $11 final year

Realmuto is on a Guaranty so he cost money to drop. I am prepared to do so. Catching is also very thin but I can probably RE-acquire Realmuto for @$15.

All in all I am leaning towards dropping Realmuto but wanted to test my conclusion. Thoughts?

how much is Kingery? and can you make a trade?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Realmuto is a trade risk to the AL. Would you get his stats for the entire season?

Comment

Given that list, I'd drop Kingery if I can.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd drop Chase Anderson. His x-FIP was 4.33. Somehow he gave up a 42.9% FB rate and a 31.7% hard contact rate with a 8.6% HR/FB rate playing in that park. With a 15/10 hitting/pitching split of roster spots (I assume), I wouldn't think he's special at all.

Comment

Just for the sake of clarity, they didn't simply promote Kingery, they signed him to a long-term contract extension to the tune of $24 million. That takes care of their concerns of having him on the major league roster to start the season, while taking care of most financial concerns he could ever have, provided he is smart with his money.

Sure, he could have probably gotten more later, but it is a nice contract for a really nice ballplayer. I'd hold on to him unless you have him on a pretty unfavorable contract. They didn't sign him to sit on the bench.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              I'd drop Chase Anderson. His x-FIP was 4.33. Somehow he gave up a 42.9% FB rate and a 31.7% hard contact rate with a 8.6% HR/FB rate playing in that park. With a 15/10 hitting/pitching split of roster spots (I assume), I wouldn't think he's special at all.
              Agree 100%. It might hurt if he continues his luck, but that’s what I think it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                how much is Kingery? and can you make a trade?
                Kingery is $5 for the next three years. I won’t drop him. Minor leaguers with realizable upside have a lot of value. I see him as $10 this year with value going up over next three years and a lot of roster flexibility. Brings power and speed with a BA that should be positive at best and won’t hurt at worst. I would be foolish to let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Realmuto is a trade risk to the AL. Would you get his stats for the entire season?
                  I keep his stats if traded.

Comment

I would dump Anderson as well if you can't trade him
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Dump Anderson and don’t look back.

Comment

Seeing as you keep Realmuto's stats in event of trade, I would also drop Anderson.

Comment

I own C. Anderson for $2, and I'd dump him in your case. I also paid $21 at auction for Kingery. Not such a terrible problem you've got.

Keep Realmuto... even if you pay $15 at auction (seems unlikely, but let's assume), add the $6 penalty you already paid, and you're paying $21... Would you rather add $10 to Anderson's $5 and see what type of SP you get at auction for $15? I'd say you're more likely to be able to re-acquire Anderson for $15 than Realmuto. Better to lock up the premium hitting catcher.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Boxberger was named the closer over Bradley but I'd still drop Anderson. I think Teenwolf spells it out for you perfectly. Don't pay the penalty to dump Realmuto, use the $15 to see if you can get a better pitcher than Anderson, who like others have said, out pitched his peripherals.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'd drop Anderson.

Comment

Working...
                              X