12 Team 5x5 AL only HDID - MSGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Team 5x5 AL only HDID - MSGL

So this is the league Rick and Jesse posted on so I'll let you enjoy another team from that league. This league is a daily moves league so that does impact what you can do with pitching. Faab only runs once a week, but you can make pitching lineup changes each day.

My NL team I kept a much more traditional in this league I made one major choice that really changed my keeper situation. I had some undervalued, but not cheap guys like Trout, Springer, and Betts, but had traded last year for a $61 Altuve. I decided to screw it and keep him because he would go for more than that at the auction and this way I had locked up SB's and BA and could just buy power guys with low avg. For the most part I got the kind of hitters I wanted, but the prices on pitching were so high I could not buy a solid #3. In retrospect I might have passed on Trumbo and bought one of the $15 pitchers from the other posts, probably Lynn. In the end this is what I wound up with. So keepers in bold...

Hitting

C - Y Gomes $2
    C - R Rivera $1
    1B - Chris Davis $16
    2B Jose Altuve $61
    SS Elvis Andrus $20

3B Matt Davidson $11
    MI Marwin Gonzalez $2
    CI Jefry Marte $1
    OF Trout $25
    OF Betts $20
    OF Springer $15

OF Trumbo $16
    OF Andrew Romine $1
    UT Danny Epinosa $1

RSV Kaleb Cowart $1

FARM -Renato Nunez OAK

Pitching

M Tanaka $28
    R Porcello $11
    E Diaz $5
    R Osuna $7

D Betances $12
    K Gibson $3
    J Garcia $2
    J Nicasio $2
    Sergio Romo $1

RSV - I used 4 rsv spots on pitchers since we do daily moves

Andrew Cashner $1
    Mike Fiers $1
    James Hoyt $1
    Ariel Miranda $1

Yeah, really, really, really good hitting, better than mine by a long shot. Power, speed, and most likely average as well. Players like Trumbo and Davis shouldn't hurt you at all. You've got a couple of dead spots, but no big deal in an only. Great job there.

Now we come to the pitching...you really need to shore up your starters. Tanaka might be an ace, might be a medical problem. Which Porcello do you get? Likely the over 4 ERA with low to mid teen wins. I've seen enough of Gibson to know not to trust him. Nice RP's, I think that you'll need to deal one for a starter before you get too far behind in wins and K's. I don't see a lot of help in your reserve starters either...you can stream in this league, but do you really want to?

With some shrewd maneuvers during the season, you'll be right in there. You're a great in season manager, and fortunately, you'll only have to focus on one side of the field.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Killer offense. That shouldn't even be possible in an AL only. You got your low BA power guys and won't even notice their AVGs.

Pitching is a different story. I like Garcia and Gibson as cheap guys with upside, but your pitching could be a mess in a hurry.

Cashner and Miranda could be serviceable if they get on a roll. If they start getting bombed, have a quick trigger finger.

Like Horns said, put the offense on cruise and call yourself the pitching coach.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Looks pretty good. One solid starter would go a long way towards putting you up top.

I don't trust Gibson either, but have a bit more optimism about him than Hornsby. Tanaka is always a medical question but if healthy should post 14-15 wins.

Comment

Wow, I hope you can pull it off with this team, because it gives me hope with my team in my 16-team mixed. Offense is obviously great, pitching prices were way too high, and the staff is well, interesting. Be active, find the best pitching you can, and try to get enough pitching points to win with all that offense.

Comment

I agree with everyone that I will basically be a pitching scout all year. I'll need to FAAB a lot and if I think I can win I might need to trade some of my keeper bats for the right package. At the very least I will be trading my 2019 1st round farm draft to try to get a starting pitcher when dump trades start.

Comment

Working...
            X