• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.l. only part II

12 team
    a.l. only
    5x5
    $260

Salaries go up $5 each season, protects are limited to 6.

bolded are protects

I don't feel particularly good about this team...

c B.McCann 13
    c W.Castillo 13

1b E.Encarnacion 28
    3b E.Escobar 10
    ci D.Vogelbach 1

2b J.Schoop 17
    ss J.Segura 30
    mi D.Gordon 36

of B.Gardner 19
    of T.Mancini 8
    of C.Gomez 13
    of C.Frazier 1
    of W.Calhaun 10

dh A.Mondesi 1

sp AA.Sanchez 17
    sp E.Rodriguez 14
    sp E.Ramirez 1
    sp J.Garcia 1
    cl R.Osuna 18
    rp N.Goody 2
    rp J.Alvarado 1
    rp Y.Petit 1
    rp B.Maurer 1

- Maurer / Alvarado could back into 8-10 saves.
    - hoping Frazier gets traded into a job, Mondesi takes over at ss once healthy, Calhaun comes up and plays left field for 5 months, maybe Vogelbach takes hold of first base in Seattle
    - NEEEEEED help in starting pitching

Definitely not my best auction I've ever done...
    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 03-22-2018, 11:44 PM.

Phew...man, I hate it when I walk out of an auction with that feeling that it didn't go well.

While neither catcher is at a bad price, I gotta admit I'd not spend 10% of my budget on two catchers. If you bought Dee Gordon early, I'd not have dropped $30 on Segura at that point.

OTOH, you have leverage in speed to deal for power or pitching or some combination of both.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Every 12 team "ONLY" team I've ever had has a weakness.

In your case though you've got some strengths. Speed is great. Power is fine.

If I were you I'd prioritize picking up some guys who will get ABs in place of Frazier/Calhoun/Mondesi and then obviously the pitching.

On the pitching side, if you can flip some speed for a top starter that helps a lot, but it does need some work. This team is not dead in the water though, there's a lot you can do with this staff in the first couple months to salvage it. You've got a good closer and a couple setup guys, which is enough in an Only league. Your only real problem is improving those starters.
      Last edited by Ken; 03-23-2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

As was stated came away with excess speed and not enough pitching. Hopefully you will be able to make a trade for a front line starter.

Time will tell if you have enough power or not. I do like the Vogelback for a buck snag. I would rather have him as "extra" power rather than needing him to produce to be competitive.

As Ken said every only team has a weakness. I would add that this is only the second piece of the puzzle on how we play this game. Keepers being the first. Trades and FAAB the final pieces.

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Every 12 team "ONLY" team I've ever had has a weakness. In your case though you've got some strengths. Speed is great. Power is fine.

On the pitching side, if you can flip some speed for a top starter that helps a lot, but it does need some work. This team is not dead in the water though, there's a lot you can do with this staff in the first couple months to salvage it. You've got a good closer and a couple setup guys, which is enough in an Only league. Your only real problem is improving those starters.
          I agree with Ken. I also think that C is such a black hole in the AL this year that spending on 2 catchers might be a winning strategy this year, so I like than tandem.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
          X