young Braves can hit and steal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• young Braves can hit and steal

Who do you like/rank this year? Assume all at same price (added after jc comment)

Inciarte
    Acuna
    Albies

and next year too
    Last edited by swampdragon; 03-21-2018, 08:54 AM.

I really like Albies even at his hype-inflated price. I love Acuna if he comes at all cheap - I do think he's up mid-April and goes 15/15 or better. Ender is great in NL only leagues at a reasonable price but there's no upside.

Comment

3 very nice players obviously. I'm going with Acuna in a tough choice over Albies. I suppose Albies is considered safer and is a MI, but I just can't resist the potential of monster output from Acuna especially with next year in play also.

Comment

For me, the tiebreaker between Albies and Acuna is OF depth. I have one league where we start only 3 OF, and I chose Albies. Another where we start 5 and I would choose Acuna.

Comment

Originally posted by DanK View Post
          For me, the tiebreaker between Albies and Acuna is OF depth. I have one league where we start only 3 OF, and I chose Albies. Another where we start 5 and I would choose Acuna.
          Assuming that Acuna is up a couple weeks after the start of the season (perhaps you arent making that assumption), why would that make a difference? Positional scarcity values would be one thing to consider, but they are both OFers, so it is not relevant.

What's the logic behind this one? I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Assuming that Acuna is up a couple weeks after the start of the season (perhaps you arent making that assumption), why would that make a difference? Positional scarcity values would be one thing to consider, but they are both OFers, so it is not relevant.

What's the logic behind this one? I'm interested.
            albies is a 2 baseman

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              albies is a 2 baseman
              I was reading that message as between Inciarte and Acuna for some reason. Thank you for restoring sanity!

Comment

For clarity, I have Inciarte behind both Albies and Acuna. Inciarte the higher floor, but I prefer the Albies/Acuna higher ceiling for this year and certainly in the future.

Comment

This year:

Albies
                  Inciarte
                  Acuna

Next year:
                  Acuna
                  Albie
                  Inciarte
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Acuna is a special talent. He's never going to be Trout defensively or on the bases, not Harper for pure power, but he will be the biggest impact since those two.

This year:
                    Acuna
                    Albies
                    Inciarte
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think Acuna could be Trout on the bases, fwiw. He does need to learn to read pitchers, but the speed is there. Given his lack of minor league playing time generally, I think that is something he could be taught, and Eric Young has been working with him this spring---and, for whatever spring numbers are worth, 4 SB and 0 CS.

Comment

Heaven knows his learning curve is steep enough.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I agree with the Acuna Albies Inciarte ranking. I am a huge Albies fan, and think he’s closer to Acuna than Inciarte. But Acuna looks like a real talent.

Comment

It's upside versus safety. Inciarte clearly has the highest floor. He's going to be good, and you know what you are going to get. Albies has a great hit tool, but hitting major league pitching is tough, and while he has power, how much will we see this year? And Acuna has crazy, crazy tools, and skills to utilize them, but has never hit major league pitching before.

Comment

Working...
                            X