No announcement yet.

Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He even had his own bobblehead giveaway at the stadium.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Twice.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Washington Nationals owner Ted Lerner died at age 97. RIP.

Comment

• 2x All-Star catcher and longtime baseball analyst Tim McCarver died today at age 81. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            2x All-Star catcher and longtime baseball analyst Tim McCarver died today at age 81. RIP.

I just saw the sad news. I recall him both as a Phillies catcher and later as a baseball analyst. RIP
            Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 02-16-2023, 06:10 PM.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• yeah, he was the voice during so many amazing moments. sad news.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Longtime Tampa Bay Rays radio announcer Dave Wills died at age 58. RIP.

Comment

Longtime Tampa Bay Rays radio announcer Dave Wills died at age 58. RIP.
                  exceelent article in THeAthletic about Dave Wills.

Stark: Rays remember Dave Wills, beloved radio voice who ‘led the league in fun’ - The Athletic
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jesus Alou, the youngest of the 3 Alou brothers who played from 1963-1979, died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

Jesus Alou, the youngest of the 3 Alou brothers who played from 1963-1979, died at age 80. RIP.

not a great article,but does provide some history of the Alou brothers. They all played in the same outfield which is pretty amazing

How the Alou Brothers Made MLB History in the Outfield (sportscasting.com)
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Joe Pepitone, a mainstay of the 1960s Yankee teams, died at age 82. RIP.

Comment

• Dave Frost, a pitcher for the White Sox, Angels & Royals from 1977 to 1982, died at age 71. RIP.

Comment

• Dick Groat, 1960 NL MVP and batting champion who played for the Pirates, Cardinals, Phillies, Giants and NBA Pistons and was one of 13 players to play professionally in both MLB and the NBA has died at age 92. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 04-29-2023, 03:11 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One of the stars of the epic 1960 WS. He was one of the players on the show hosted by Bob Costas that showed the video of game 7 that had never been seen before. RIP.

Comment

• Mike Shannon, the longtime Cardinal player and broadcaster, died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X