No announcement yet.

Official Baseball In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Mets reliever and VD fave Jeff Innis passed away from cancer at age 59. RIP.

Comment

• Former Cardinals OFer David Green died at age 61. RIP.

Comment

• Gerald Williams passed away of cancer at age 55 today. RIP

Comment

• Crazy news:
          Jeremy Giambi died suddenly today at age 47. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Crazy news:
            Jeremy Giambi died suddenly today at age 47. RIP.
            TMZ is reporting that it was a suicide. Terrible.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Julio Cruz, a second baseman who had a 10-yr career from 1977-1986 and was an original Seattle Mariner and later their broadcaster, died at age 67. RIP.

Comment

• Odalis Perez died today after falling off a ladder at his house. Just 44. Wow, that’s messed up. He was always on my teams.

Comment

• Former pitcher, Ralph Terry, died on 3/16. His best years were w the Yankees but he also pitched for Athletics, Indians and Mets. Many remember him as the pitcher who gave up Mazeroski's series-winning HR in the 1960 WS, but he also won the final game of the 1962 WS against the Giants. His best year was 1962 when he led the league in wins (23) and IP and had a 3.19 ERA. He was 107-99 in his 12-year career. After he retired, he became a pro golfer and won the 1980 Midwest PGA championship and he later joined the Senior PGA tour. He was 86 y/o. RIP.

Comment

• Tommy Davis, an OFer who had an 18-year career and had a massive 1962 season, died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

• Joe Horlen, one of the more underrated SPs of the 1960s -- he had a 2.32 ERA and 1.06 WHIP over 1100 IP from 1964 to 1968 -- died at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Just a few months after his teammate Jeff Innis passed, David West died from cancer at age 57. RIP.

Comment

• Dick "Ducky" Schofield, a longtime shortstop for 8 MLB teams, died at age 87. RIP.

Comment

• wow, 87; hard to believe.
                            there's a mailbox down the road from me with the name Schofield on it, I think of Dick Schofield every time I drive by.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              wow, 87; hard to believe.
                              there's a mailbox down the road from me with the name Schofield on it, I think of Dick Schofield every time I drive by.
                              Just FYI, his son, also Dick Schofield, played in the 1980s & 1990s.

Comment

• Dwight Smith, the OFer for the Cubs & Braves who finished 2nd in the 1989 NL Rookie of the Year voting, died at age 58. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X