Good read on Samardzija here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This from Rotoworld:

An MRI taken Thursday on Jeff Samardzija's right shoulder showed a strained pectoral muscle.

That's a better diagnosis than what some were fearing, but Samardzija will open the season on the disabled list and could miss a good chunk of April. "He’ll go a week without throwing the ball and then crank it up," manager Bruce Bochy said late Thursday night. This will be the first career DL stint for the 33-year-old right-hander. Derek Holland appears to be the likely fill-in.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      This from Rotoworld:

An MRI taken Thursday on Jeff Samardzija's right shoulder showed a strained pectoral muscle.

That's a better diagnosis than what some were fearing, but Samardzija will open the season on the disabled list and could miss a good chunk of April. "He’ll go a week without throwing the ball and then crank it up," manager Bruce Bochy said late Thursday night. This will be the first career DL stint for the 33-year-old right-hander. Derek Holland appears to be the likely fill-in.
      I am not a fan but he might go cheap enough that I will buy him.

He is now a candidate for my first throw out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I am not a fan but he might go cheap enough that I will buy him.

He is now a candidate for my first throw out.
        My other NL draft is this weekend but he was kept for $12.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          In my Bay Area NL-only draft last night, Samardzija went for went $20. Much of the best pitching was available, which pushed prices down a bit.

Other notables:
          Kershaw $34
          Cueto $22
          deGrom $28
          Bumgarner $32
          Darvish $23
          Arrieta $20
          Quintana $20
          Strasberg $30
          Grienke $26
          Roark $17
          Wow, I'd have jumped all over Kershaw at that price. I like the Darvish and Quintana prices as well. I don't like the Cueto or Roark prices at all and think Bumgarner is too high as well, relative to the others.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Wow, I'd have jumped all over Kershaw at that price. I like the Darvish and Quintana prices as well. I don't like the Cueto or Roark prices at all and think Bumgarner is too high as well, relative to the others.
            I went in budgeting $93 for three starters. I suppose I would have rather ended up with Quintana for $21 or $23, but I settled on Kershaw, Cueto (who I'm expecting to rebound nicely) and deGrom. This is a SF-area league, so Bumgarner will always be expensive, so I wasn't targeting him. I thought Cueto's season might have pushed him lower than it should be.

Comment

I went in budgeting $93 for three starters. I suppose I would have rather ended up with Quintana for $21 or $23, but I settled on Kershaw, Cueto (who I'm expecting to rebound nicely) and deGrom. This is a SF-area league, so Bumgarner will always be expensive, so I wasn't targeting him. I thought Cueto's season might have pushed him lower than it should be.
              LOL. I forgot you're a Giants' fan in the Bay Area. The prices for Bumgarner, Cueto and Samardzija all make a lot more sense in that context. My NL only league drafting on Monday will have Phillies and Mets fans, so those Giants will certainly be priced lower but Nola, Arrieta, Thor and deGrom will get pushed higher.

Comment

That's what I thought... when I landed him. Scherzer was kept at $38, but as you can see, most of the top tier was going back in. I figured I could land some big fish at reasonable prices.
                wow, nice get.....that won't happen on sunday!
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                X