Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sano for Smoak

What side would you prefer for this year:

Sano $10 or Smoak $5 and prospect Yordan Alvarez (free in the minors, $5 when called up).

Smoak and Alvarez. Sano is coming of an off-season that appears to have consisted of leg healing and a lot of 12-ounce curls, and has a potential suspension hanging over his head. And you get $5 extra.

Now, long term, I'd go the other way.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I made the trade last night, and got a bit a grief from a pal for trading Sano for so little. Both players are at their prices this year and next, but I mostly care about this year. Smoak's regression does scare me, but Sano's creepiness, weight, and possible suspension (although I think the last is unlikely) scared me too.

Comment

Sano won't be suspended. I still don't regret making the trade, but I probably could have gotten more if this decision had come prior to our auction. I wanted t make it pre-auction to benefit from the extra auction money, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Sano won't be suspended. I still don't regret making the trade, but I probably could have gotten more if this decision had come prior to our auction. I wanted t make it pre-auction to benefit from the extra auction money, though.
          I could see Smoak being on the waiver wire 2 months into the season. Major league pitchers are going to adjust to the so called, "fly ball hitters". Once they start throwing them fastballs up in the zone, it will be interesting to see how the batters alter their approach.

Comment

Working...
          X