Rays-Diamondbacks-Yankees three way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays-Diamondbacks-Yankees three way

Souza to Arizona, Drury to the Yanks, ... details coming ...

+ Taylor Widener from NYY to Arizona
    + Nick Solak from NYY to Tampa
    + Anthony Banda from Arizona to Tampa
    +??? from Arizona to Tampa
    Last edited by TranaGreg; 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Yankees bleacher fans already do "ALL RISE" for Judge

what will they do for Drury?

#judgeanddrury
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Rays get hosed again

Comment

Fire sale.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          Souza to Arizona, Drury to the Yanks, ... details coming ...

+ Taylor Widener from NYY to Arizona
          + Nick Solak from NYY to Tampa
          + Anthony Banda from Arizona to Tampa
          +??? from Arizona to Tampa
          CCRRRAAAAPPPP!!!

I lose my $10 Souza in my NL only. And my 9 Drury in my AL only.

Both leagues have high inflation. Aahhh.

Comment

This must signal the last day of usefulness for Yasmany Tomas (at least in ARI)...no? They should trade him to Miami...
            Also signals that Dyson cant be anything more than a very expensive pinch runner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              This must signal the last day of usefulness for Yasmany Tomas (at least in ARI)...no? They should trade him to Miami...
              Also signals that Dyson cant be anything more than a very expensive pinch runner.
              Agreed, Tomas is buried now. He should have been included in the deal to the Rays.

And there goes Miguel Andujar's dreams of being the starting third baseman.

Souza was only making $3.6m this season, is arb eligible starting next year, and he's under team control for three years. And this is all they could get for him? Bizarre.

Souza has to be close to the record of being acquired in three-team deals!

Comment

I thought the rays made a bad deal when they acquired Souza. I thought that he was presently overrated but the deal puzzles me. Are they going to play Smith and span in the corners? Not a lot of power in this lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                  I thought the rays made a bad deal when they acquired Souza. I thought that he was presently overrated but the deal puzzles me. Are they going to play Smith and span in the corners? Not a lot of power in this lineup.
                  That what it appears, yep.

Comment

Well, fantasy giveth and fantasy taketh away. There goes my $3 Souza in my AL only league.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      Not a lot of power in this lineup.
                      Well, they're not trying to win, so...
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

rays.mlb.com has Mallex Smith starting in both right and left field now. http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/team/de...ex.jsp?c_id=tb

In all seriousness, with the dearth of speed is Mallex's playing time the biggest change to come out of this trade for fantasy purposes? A full season of AB = 30 SB?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          rays.mlb.com has Mallex Smith starting in both right and left field now. http://tampabay.rays.mlb.com/team/de...ex.jsp?c_id=tb

In all seriousness, with the dearth of speed is Mallex's playing time the biggest change to come out of this trade for fantasy purposes? A full season of AB = 30 SB?
                          Well, he and Kiermaier might just be able to cover the whole outfield.

A full season of AB might just be 35-40 SB. His walk rate isn't bad at all. But that's about it. I'd buy him for cheap speed.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            His walk rate isn't bad at all. But that's about it. I'd buy him for cheap speed.
                            Oh don't get me wrong, he's no star but in AL Only for example if this holds with no other changes, he's a target just for the speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Oh don't get me wrong, he's no star but in AL Only for example if this holds with no other changes, he's a target just for the speed.
                              Completely agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X