Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last year of fantasy baseball

Won the league last year.

This year going to spend $9 on pitching and the rest on hitting. Going to try to win as many hitting categories as I can. We pay out for winning categories. Should be a fun ride.

Why are you quiting? I've actually been thinking I might be done after this season too. I'm curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

This year going to spend $9 on pitching and the rest on hitting. Going to try to win as many hitting categories as I can. We pay out for winning categories. Should be a fun ride.
      Will you still come in here?

Good luck.

Comment

I vowed that i was quitting after 2016. I decided to play 2017 about 2 weeks before the draft. I won my league! So i'm back in !!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Do you think that you will be able to do the $9 pitching staff? Will you have the fortitude??
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
            I've been in this league since the early 90's. Been the stat keeper and/or commissioner most of that time. I'm just burnt out. My whole life I've had a problem getting out of hobbies/activities I no longer enjoyed. Finally, I'm doing what's best for Steve and not the league or anyone else.
            Have you considered first just giving up control and sitting back as a regular old league member with no admin responsibilities? If your burn out is related to running the league, I'd consider seeing if it is fun enough to keep doing it without that responsibility for a year before quitting entirely. I'm sure if the choice is Steve as a no responsibility league mate and no Steve at all, someone else in the league will step in to run things.

Comment

Probably still see me in the Sports Bar. Maybe I'll let the more sarcastic, pissed-off side of my personality out more often. Anything is possible.
              Don't hold it in, it's not healthy ! And not as much fun either.
              --------------------------------------
              You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by mithrandir View Post
                i vowed that i was quitting after 2016. I decided to play 2017 about 2 weeks before the draft. I won my league! So i'm back in !!
                it's all luck
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  it's all luck
                  Only if YOU win, not when I win!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    I vowed that i was quitting after 2016. I decided to play 2017 about 2 weeks before the draft. I won my league! So i'm back in !!
                    So.....losing makes you want to quit and winning makes you want to play. Are you saying that you can't enjoy playing fantasy baseball unless you are winning?
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      So.....losing makes you want to quit and winning makes you want to play. Are you saying that you can't enjoy playing fantasy baseball unless you are winning?
                      Exactly!

Comment

What do you know about it?

(How was that?)
                        baby steps...I think you can do better !
                        --------------------------------------
                        You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

I've decided to cut back to only 5 leagues this year....although I may pick up 1 more before the season starts.....3 sim leagues, RL Mock 1, and my 12 team NL only....
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I've been down to one for a long time. Much saner that way. I actually sat out last year because the only day they could do the draft was the same day as my father-in-law's funeral. Back to the grind as an "expansion" team this year.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                            X